What have you done to your car today?

Makes sense - doesn't look too hard to get at either, just a case of taking the arch liner out and then the pump can be pulled straight out. It's got a small filter that the inlet sits in, so i'll check that. Failing that I think a 2nd hand pump is <£10

I'll see how tired I am later, if not it'll be a job for the weekend
Sorted for the time being - filter was absolutely blocked with congealed snot. Cleaned that thoroughly, poured a load of hot water through the washer bottle and left a hose running through it for a while.

All working fine, but when I refilled the washer bottle there was some more scum came floating to the top, so will likely need to take the washer bottle out and clean it completely at some point, but that's a bit more involved.

Also as is typical one of the clips for the arch liner broke :(

Ordered a new set of tyres, before it's MOT next month, insurance in September and service in October... Expensive couple of months :o

Although I'm very glad I can get a full set of tyres for less than £400 :D

What made you choose paint over PC

For me it was just the wet look paint gives plus they were a set of rare Volk Racing wheels and I had that nagging thing in the back of my head that the powder coating process can potentially weaken the wheels. All OEM's paint wheels afaik so just stuck with that.

Powder coating is great because it is quick and easy. painting a wheel well is a skill so from a business point of view powder coating just makes more sense to the masses.

Updated my '02 CRV to 2023! Now have wireless Android Auto, while keeping the car completely original.

I know to most people it probably seems mad to even worry about it on such a mundane car, but it's a car that's part of the family:D

Update! Three months later, still working perfectly. Wirelessly picked up my phone each and every time, and just works :D :D

What wind deflectors are people using? I know the main brands are Heko and Climair. How was the installation, and how're you finding the performance (particularly at higher speeds)?

What wind deflectors are people using? I know the main brands are Heko and Climair. How was the installation, and how're you finding the performance (particularly at higher speeds)?

The ones I had at least ten years ago were horrid because they basically clip into the rubbers where the windows go so are basically a bodge. OEM ones are much better if you can get them.

Yes.

General reliabililty is OK IMO, we have many people with Rangies in work and it's all fairly normal minor stuff.

However, the TD4 in the evoque is a complete disaster unless you are doing long/sustained journeys regularly, so get a petrol.

The issue is the D8 architecture (Evoque (including L551), Disco Sport and E-Pace) all have the engine mounted such that there is no room to have the DPF close to the engine/heat source.. so it's located much further away (behind the bulkhead).. this means in most use cases it can't passively regenerate so almost exclusively requires active regeneration (using Ad-blue), but as a double whammy, as it's further away it's much more sensitive to aborted active regens, which dumps the liquid back in the sump, diluting the oil.. Thus a lot (and I mean a lot) of people experience oil dilution, then DPF issues.

Here's one of many explanations from internal information (given to dealers):
UpSA3Fn.png

A few having oil dilution/adblue consumption issues in work (Evoques and Disco-sports) have switched to Velar's and reported greatly reduced Adblue consumption for the same driving cycles.. None went for Petrol surprisingly.. seems people all want MPGz when doing low miles..

We have a JLR dealer opposite us in work and I do admit the Evoque/Velar interiors are very nice, but if doing normal urban/rural shorter/slower stop/start journey's, I'd avoid the TD4 evoque and get a Velar.

And of course, we have plenty with 2.0D and 3.0D BMWs who also never seem to have issues, one returned their disco-sport for an X3 2.0D, the Discosport consumed the entire ad-blue tank in 4 months, diluted the oil and was a nightmare, the BMW X3 has not even used 25% of the ad-blue in 9 months for the same usage..
Thanks for this. :)

I’ve joined the evogue owners UK Facebook page but we’re not off to a good start.

The last 48 hours there’s been over 50 messages of people saying things have gone wrong, coupled with the fact it’s one of the most stolen cars in the UK so the insurance is Sky high I think I’ll give it a miss and go for something different. :p

Prices seem all over the place too, some dealers asking nearly 20k for a 2015 plate evogue.

Last edited:
That would easily fit in the boot of a coupe :confused:
No, the planer's box is too big to fit through the opening effectively, the same would apply to the coupe as the opening is the same, just internal capacity is different, 410 litres vs 300 doe to less depth. Either way the box is just too big to fit through the boot entry. You can even tell that from the photo, the thing is sticking out over the sides of the car...

I use delivery services
:p
That'll be useful for items that are "collection only" :p

Last edited:

I've used Heko on quite a few cars. Not had issues at high speeds etc.

But they do go into the window runner and they can make the closure a bit tight and will potentially stretch and degrade the rubber over an extended period of time.

Stick on ones might be a better bet if you can find them. My Crown had them from factory. Just use good sticky tape like 3M stuff.

I've used Heko on quite a few cars. Not had issues at high speeds etc.

But they do go into the window runner and they can make the closure a bit tight and will potentially stretch and degrade the rubber over an extended period of time.

Stick on ones might be a better bet if you can find them. My Crown had them from factory. Just use good sticky tape like 3M stuff.
I've heard quite a few people complaining about the above. I'll certainly look into the stick-on ones and see what people are saying.

Back
Top Bottom