What have you done to your car today?

Correct size plates applied.

4O0hKPz.webp

TRQaEuF.jpeg

ffEyRdN.jpeg

h2hIbXu.jpeg

Much better!

Also tidied up some of the JDM special wiring under the dash. :p
You've probably just doubled your power to weight ratio.

You've probably just doubled your power to weight ratio.

:D

An estimated 75 - 80HP (unsure, stock is 64 at 0.6bar and its running 0.89 bar) and 690KG, its not that bad for power to weight really!

If I split the difference, thats roughly 110HP/tonne, about the same as a Suzuki Swift Sport, or a MK2.5 VVT MX5.

Last edited:
:D

An estimated 75 - 80HP (unsure, stock is 64 at 0.6bar and its running 0.89 bar) and 690KG, its not that bad for power to weight really!

If I split the difference, thats roughly 110HP/tonne, about the same as a Suzuki Swift Sport, or a MK2.5 VVT MX5.
I'll still smoke you even going backwards :p

I mean with reg numbers split over 2 levels/lines - I can't remember last time I saw one on a car and wondered about their legality...
in first shot, first line looked as though it would be half hidden to an ANPR

Oh, no of course they're legal. All Japanese and American imports have them, 4X4s, motorbikes, quads, etc.
I'm guessing ANPR must be able to deal with them. :)

And yeah the plate that was on there was a 4X4 size one, it was a little obscured. Much better now its the right one.

Last edited:
I needed to give the Citroen C1 some love and the exhaust back box finally falling apart was the final straw, so I've done the following -

Exhaust centre section & new Lambda - rusted to bits, lambda never coming out
Exhaust backbox - collapsed internally
Engine mount (rear) - torn rubber
Front brake pads & discs - corroded discs, 2/3's worn pads
New brake bolts, calipers rebuilt, new sliders etc

Then a 90k mile Service inc -
3x Spark Plugs - Denso Iridium tipped (50k mile life & owners club rave about them)
3x Coilpacks - full of rust/dirt etc and a lumpy idle
Air Filter - OEM
Oil & Filter - 5w-40 Fuchs Fully Synth
Gearbox Oil - Motul 75w-80
Brake Fluid - Castrol DOT 4

Then some TLC -
Wind deflectors
Headlight bulbs

Whilst I was under the car I noticed the rear shocks were weeping, the springs were corroded, the passenger side rear brake drum wasn't releasing fully all the time and would occasionally drag and the cap/bolt that hold the spare wheel into the boot is free spinning so that needs cutting off so the spare can be used so I've still got some bits to look at later on and all of that was still cheaper than just a single front brake disc on the RS6, which I noticed will need another set of new pads soon, yay!

*edit* - Forgot a few bits on the list.

Last edited:
Drove 300 yards, decided it needs brakes, front calipers are coming off to be rebuilt, then new disks and pads going on once they are back from the refurbishers.

Drivers side front is sticking on a little. Don't want to mess about with it, and no point only having one done. Plus I can't drive it properly til the 5th anyway so I may as well send them off.

DaKOktQ.jpg

Last edited:
Put the head back on the mx5 after sorting the valve seats and went for a quick (slow) drive. Need to have a play with exhaust valve timing to see if I can move the power band a bit.

Note the econobox up front gapping me :lol:

Also need to sort a better GoPro mount than behind the rollbar.
Holy jeepers that sounds incredible.

Back
Top Bottom