What have you done to your car today?

Calipers off to be sent for rebuild.

6bhIEprh.jpg
uIsDuuGh.jpg

New EBC greenstuffs bought, the brakes are tiny so I could do with all the help I can get... Will also have new disks.

And have these on the way from Japan...

rcxKS3ah.jpg

Reactions: Dup
I parked next to one of these a week after my son was born. When I got back in the car I'd forgotten it was there (exhausted thanks to latest child) and becasue the white pillar blended with the white surroundings I just cranked full lock while reversing out and re-arranged my front wing :(

They could have painted or put coloured tape or whatever on these as the colour matches the walls, can see some doddery gits (no offence :D :D) hitting them often!

They could have painted or put coloured tape or whatever on these as the colour matches the walls, can see some doddery gits (no offence :D :D) hitting them often!
I did this in a car park in Brum a few years ago, found one of the few spaces left tucked in a dark corner, stuck it in reverse and then crunch :rolleyes:

No lights in that bit, nothing on the column to make it stand out from the walls luckily the only damage was a small crack in my fog lamp and a small crease in the bumper.

• Wow
Reactions: mrk
I find myself tucking into the spaces with pillars quite a lot in my local town multi-storey. Opportunistically jump into the first space I see then regret it!

I think I still haven't realised I'm not driving a Smart anymore :o

Gave the interior a deep interior clean today, exterior can wait as the forecast over next few days consists of rain, rain and more rain!

Removed all rubbish, clutter which accumulates in the glove box, door cards and boot.

All Interior Glass/Screens and Plastics wiped thoroughly with AF Verso APC.

Finally, a generous hover of every inch of the car as well as a new air freshener for good measure :D

I find myself tucking into the spaces with pillars quite a lot in my local town multi-storey. Opportunistically jump into the first space I see then regret it!

I think I still haven't realised I'm not driving a Smart anymore :o
I actually find great enjoyment in parking in tricky spaces, like it's a game to see how neatly I can line things up then patting myself on the back after a job well done. Also reverse parking in always, because that's how real men park :p

I actually find great enjoyment in parking in tricky spaces, like it's a game to see how neatly I can line things up then patting myself on the back after a job well done. Also reverse parking in always, because that's how real men park :p
It's more the getting out, as I generally have a passenger and our pillars are often halfway down, in line with the front doors :D

Once I commit to a space though, I'm going in one way or another!

I think if I attempted that it would be a case of “Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes” pretty damn quickly :p

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
It's more the getting out, as I generally have a passenger and our pillars are often halfway down, in line with the front doors :D

Once I commit to a space though, I'm going in one way or another!
I always let my passengers out first before I enter a spot where they will likely ding the door etc, they can stand there and admire my skills :p

Last edited:
Cord had snapped that keeps the headliner layer in place, bound to happen with age as thread fatigues. Thought I'd need a new full headliner but turns out a skilled trimmer can re-cord it :cool:

O5F7YWg.gif

Quite a complex bit of engineering just to keep one layer of roof lining in place :p

Job was done by Portchester Trimmers in Hilsea, superb guy,looked at the snapped cord before booking and knew exactly what to do with the maze of cord routing etc. Done the job within an hour and I handed over £30.

Quite a complex bit of engineering just to keep one layer of roof lining in place :p

Job was done by Portchester Trimmers in Hilsea, superb guy,looked at the snapped cord before booking and knew exactly what to do with the maze of cord routing etc. Done the job within an hour and I handed over £30.

£30 for an hours work seems like a bargain considering how long it could take someone who has never done it before.

Had the first service completed and a full alignment, including front camber bolts installed, at Abbey Motorsport. Immediate improvement; car has generally felt good since I've had it, but tends toward understeer, and while fine in the dry, it could feel a little nervous under acceleration in the cold and/or wet. I'd put it down to the fairly high factory tyre pressures and lowered them, but it still wasn't perfect.

It turns out that the factory spec of the cars isn't the best, and mine in particular was quite wayward on the rear - right rear had zero toe, but the left rear was toed out slightly, accounting for it feeling a little nervous in the back. This has made me feel very slightly better after my off a couple of weeks ago...but I won't get complacent. Ultimately, that was still all on me for not managing it.

Anyway, alignment all sorted and some camber added up front, and the car now feels much better. The weather is filthy today, and the roads drenched, so no mucking around, but the car feels planted and stable and the front end much more direct. I went around a wet roundabout and there was absolutely no feeling of the front wheels wanted to wash a little wide...much more confidence inspiring. And this is with the tyre pressures inflated back to the factory 35PSI spec.

Very happy now, and great service as ever from Abbey Motorsport.

Similar situation with my S2000, albeit there was a crash barrier and a steep verge which resulted in the car being no more.

Glad you and the car came out unscathed.
While Abbey were doing the alignment I asked them to give the car a check over. They said they couldn't find any evidence of any damage, apart from pulling some mud and grass out of some of the underside panels. And even though the alignment wasn't great, it doesn't look like it was due to anything being bent. I got exceedingly lucky.

While Abbey were doing the alignment I asked them to give the car a check over. They said they couldn't find any evidence of any damage, apart from pulling some mud and grass out of some of the underside panels. And even though the alignment wasn't great, it doesn't look like it was due to anything being bent. I got exceedingly lucky.
It's amazing how fast things can go wrong, especially when the roads are greasy.

Took the Cedric out today for its first run today after getting the reg and everything sorted.

Lots of attention which I did not expect, very odd! Such a boring looking car but plenty of thumbs up and eyeballin;

Drives great, smooth and quiet, obviously very boaty. The power is more impressive than I expected and although I loved my old Crown I think the VQ30 is the better lump over the 1JZ in my early impressions.

At 60mph I'm getting a bit of wibble wobble but it feels like tyres. It has 3 Bridgestones and 1 Japanese Ditch-finder so I'll try to eyeball a new rear set and then just check the tracking at the same time.

Crown is gone. :(

Not without difficulty though! Couldn't sort out the tax online because the govt website is useless and doesn't allow you to tax a vehicle which has had a tax status change in the last 5 days... Meaning that because I put it on SORN for this month so I didn't pay for 4 days of the month, he wasn't able to tax it. Good job on that one! Great system! /s

So I took him to the local post office, which closed in front of our eyes, 7 minutes before they were supposed to... Then I took him to the closest open post office, which was a 45 minute round trip... Then when we got there, they were on lunch. And then his direct debit application was declined, and then his card was declined...

We got it all sorted in the end but holy ****... :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom