What have you done to your car today?

A few years back one of my colleagues did that - he'd come in early to open up the business and usually was no one there when he turned up, we'd had an emergency overnight and were waiting outside for him in the car park rather than close up for a few minutes before he arrived. He was so surprised to see us he hit the accelerator instead of brake, went over a brick island in the car park and hit the tree planted in the middle of it... and we were just standing there going did we just see that? a bit concerning as he was one of our van drivers.
This makes me feel ever so slightly better. No one saw me have my incident :P

FWIW the driving is boring but getting 26 boxes into it is just *chef's kiss* :D

Long story short, we have plastic cones to block off sections of our car park. So I have to hop out and move them before parking the car. I hopped back in and started to pull into the space, full lock left, and my door swung open towards colleague's black Ford there. I lunged for it, grabbed the door, and heard revs. Must have stomped on the throttle. Went for the brakes but there was a bang and a bump and I was facing a bit skywards.

All because my seatbelt started sticking a couple of days ago! (And I got careless about it). It stopped the door catch engaging.
OAP + Yaris Verso = Stay 1 County away, minimum!

My 335d passed its first MOT in my ownership on Tuesday after needing a new control arm on the rear, which was interesting because I thought all my problems were with the front suspension. Just over 24 hours later I hit a decent sized pothole in the dark on the way back from visiting my mum. It was a pretty big hit to both offside wheels and after getting out and quickly inspecting the wheels and tyres in the dark (some damage to the rim protection and scuffing to the front wheel) I gingerly drove home, parked the car and took the E46 to work the rest of the week until I had some daylight to properly check for damage today.

Took both wheels off this morning and the suspension appears to have survived and no cracks on the inside of either wheel, which is surprising for Style 225Ms, and both tyres are holding air with no bulges. The suspension seemed fine after hitting the pothole with no noises or pulling to one side, but I wanted to check it all properly anyway. Just debating with myself on whether I think the front tyre needs replacing or not as the main brunt of the impact seems to have been taken by the very extreme of the alloy rim and the rim protection which has torn away from the sidewall a bit, but no cords showing. The tyre is a Pilot Sport 4S with about 6mm of tread on it which would be pretty irritating to have to replace, but I know how the saying normally goes (if you've got to ask...), so if I'm thinking about it this much maybe I should replace it... The really irritating thing is I was looking at replacing the ditch-finders on the rear (not fitted by me), but the ditch-finder appears to have got away completely unscathed when I could have done with a good reason to change them!

Soooooo, I replaced my full exhaust on the Citroen C1 a few weeks ago and well it looks like I'm probably a ham-fisted biff, as the single join between the backbox and centre section started to blow today. I'll get it up on some ramps tomorrow and have another bash with some more exhaust sealant, which is a tadge annoying!

Fitted the SuzukiSport suspension to the front of the Alto, cleaned up the engine bay a bit, fitted new shiny hose clamps on the intake hoses, painted the turbo heat shield, fitted a new steering wheel, gearknob, and gearknob boot, and modified the Cappuccino steering wheel boss so that the horn ring works with the Alto.

Keeping busy with little things while I continue to wait for my calipers... :o

My AC has been down for a while and was booked in to the garage to be sorted, Probably out of action for a month maybe a bit more purely due to the garage being super busy so had to be booked in several weeks ahead. Anyways, new condenser installed & forgot how useful AC in wet/cold weather is. Seeing the fog/mist immediately evaporate off the glass in the morning etc. And the middle dial on the centre vent set to cold whilst the upper and lower vents all blow warm means there's a perfect balance of not too hot not too cold air as well. Such a nice feature on the older cars (can't recall if newer models have this dial too).

Last edited:
Moved it off the drive for builders, and noticed the seats are mouldy :( It's only been sat about a month, quite surprised how quick that happened!

Of course perhaps when I bought it in July the seller had cleaned mould up... The seats were pretty tired and grubby.

Will have to figure out how to dry it during winter.

Last edited:
It's all about the RS6 this time - Yet more front Ferodo DS2500 brake pads which made it 8k miles with this set (probably could have got another 1-2k out of them TBF) and the two yearly brake fluid change with more Castrol React SRF. You could definitely tell that the fluid was on its last legs (absorbed moisture), lots of soft feeling pedal and long pedal travel when hot, and it giving far more fade than usual which is all gone now with the new fluid.

Next up is its yearly Service inc gearbox oil change and an MOT.

Third wheel is marked, and whilst wheel 4 looks untouched, there's a cut on the sidewall.

Given the option now I'd have just spent £200 extra to have had them all fitted at my usual place.

IMG-8728.jpg

Back
Top Bottom