What have you done to your car today?

Noticed even when warmed up that a fair bit of white smoke (Condensation, hopefully) was coming out of the exhaust when idling sat in traffic.

It’s not very dense so I’m hoping it’s just condensation, also noticed clear droplets accumulated in the exhaust tip.

It has been especially cold today thought but I’ll keep an eye on it, I’d have thought when fully warmed up it should stop if it was condensation.

Last edited:
Noticed even when warmed up that a fair bit of white smoke (Condensation, hopefully) was coming out of the exhaust when idling sat in traffic.

It’s not very dense so I’m hoping it’s just condensation, also noticed clear droplets accumulated in the exhaust tip.

It has been especially cold today thought but I’ll keep an eye on it, I’d have thought when fully warmed up it should stop if it was condensation.

My Ovlov has a heap of white smoke.

It's probably just condensation but keep an eye on your coolant level.

My Ovlov has a heap of white smoke.

It's probably just condensation but keep an eye on your coolant level.

I think it is, but seems to emit more than most.

Every VAG Car I have had (A3, Golf GTD now Polo GTI) have used small amounts of coolant, usually requires a small amount topping up once annually so nothing too drastic.

But I’ll keep an eye on it, it’s no where near below minimum but has dropped slightly from maximum (But this has been the case over a fair amount of time, so appears to be within “It’s normal” tolerance.

If it concerns me further may just book it in for peace of mind, but I’ll see how it goes for now.

Car is under warranty, so it more than likely would be put down as condensation even if it wasn’t!

Last edited:
Had two tyres done with TyresOnTheDrive a week ago, only pottered around town since.

Did a motorway trip today, massive judder through steering wheel and accelerator over 60MPH.

Went to local tyre place for a free balancing check, their tolerance is 5 grams, one wheel was out by 70 grams.

Shame as TOTD have been flawless for last few tyres changes, this has really knocked my trust in them.

I think it is, but seems to emit more than most.

Every VAG Car I have had (A3, Golf GTD now Polo GTI) have used small amounts of coolant, usually requires a small amount topping up once annually so nothing too drastic.

But I’ll keep an eye on it, it’s no where near below minimum but has dropped slightly from maximum (But this has been the case over a fair amount of time, so appears to be within “It’s normal” tolerance.

If it concerns me further may just book it in for peace of mind, but I’ll see how it goes for now.

Car is under warranty, so it more than likely would be put down as condensation even if it wasn’t!
Really? I've currently got A6 C7, B5 RS4 and Mk1 TT 225 and none ever use any coolant (well unless a hose fails!)...

Really? I've currently got A6 C7, B5 RS4 and Mk1 TT 225 and none ever use any coolant (well unless a hose fails!)...

Every single one… Only small amounts though, let’s say it is on “Full” check back 7 month later and it’s somewhere between “Full and Minimum”

So it’s gone somewhere?

Had two tyres done with TyresOnTheDrive a week ago, only pottered around town since.

Did a motorway trip today, massive judder through steering wheel and accelerator over 60MPH.

Went to local tyre place for a free balancing check, their tolerance is 5 grams, one wheel was out by 70 grams.

Shame as TOTD have been flawless for last few tyres changes, this has really knocked my trust in them.

It all comes down to the standard of whoever you’ve ended up with attending to carry out the work.

It’s poor and frustrating, I’ve found myself in your situation happy for a week but then a sudden Motorway Journey and new they hadn’t been balanced.

Instantly I saw the OEM Wheel Weights! When I called to point that out apparently they were within tolerance… Annoying as I even tipped the bloke.

Took it elsewhere, got proof it was wayyyy out and had the company reimburse me.

Have you thought of atleast getting your additional costs covered by them?

Have you thought of atleast getting your additional costs covered by them?
Oh yeah, first thing I did after I got back from the garage, forwarded the photos of the new readings, a statement from the garage of the imbalance and the invoice by email to TOTD, will see how they respond.

Tbf, they scratched a recently refurbed alloy years back and they refunded the full cost of the work to me, however this was before they got taken over by halfrauds.

Last edited:
Tagged a curb in the Yaris while leaving a car park space in the snow.. being a ******* :rolleyes::cry: lightly lightly scratched a wheel luckily...

Then it decided it wanted to misfire half way home from Nottingham to Cardiff. Seemed to clear out but now have management light on. Joy

Welding chap called and said he has some availability soon, soooo...

Went and investigated just how damp and mouldy the MG had gotten in winter. The welder wants me to strip the seats and carpet out for him so I checked all the bolts holding the seats. No rust :)

I do need to buy a bigger ratchet though as my Torx T50 bit is ½" drive and I can't fit the impact wrench into one corner. Then tomorrow can take out passenger seat, remove centre console and carpets and drive it over to the workshop!

Last edited:
Took the seats out, took the console out, took the carpets out... Faffed with the window seals as the passenger side carpet was soaked from a leak.

Dropped it at the welder's as he had some free time a month earlier than expected :)

Fitted these to the ST170. Only needed one bulb but got a good deal on them so full switch out.

ut3EKvL.jpg

Cheap third party cats also only last a handful of years. Which isn't the end of the world. Just make sure its installed in a way that is fairly easy to replace again. :)

Been getting the itch for a new car lately so as long as it gets through this MOT, maybe one after then I'm not overly concerned.

Back
Top Bottom