What have you done to your car today?

I had a B service done the other week and they only inspected the air filter instead of replacing it, car has only done 5714 miles and is just over 5 years old. In fact the air filter isn’t even on the service checklist at all.

I know most people simply replace it when doing a diy service.
Strange isn't it? They would've charged me a million pounds for the privilege, but I'm surprised they keep them on for so long!

Qashqai passed its MOT though several advisories - most of which I was aware of and/or had it booked in to be done today (usually they do them before the MOT). One though which was supposed to have been done under warranty a year ago and really shouldn't have reoccurred hmmm.

My Focus passed MOT yesterday with two advisories. Said to wife grab shopping bags and we will walk up and go shopping straight away.
Got to car park at back of garage and said to wife put bags in back then put air con on and went into pay- came out and could hear A/C running but not the engine.
My wife has maltesers for a brain and keeps eating them - She must have just finished them by time we got to garage.
She bought a new pack and I load them in through her ears like loading bullets into a mag.
She never ends to astound me - She does drive and knows what A/C is. Also she has 8 O levels and 3 A levels - I had to ask her in "what"

Last edited:
Drove it...

(Owning up so that someone gets a giggle hopefully)

Had windows down and arm resting on very top of door card.
Put passenger side one up, then put drivers side one up without realising my elbow was still in the way... Cue a big jolt and me swerving erratically over the road as I wondered wtf just happened :D

I blame the stupid positioning of the window switches (Being an R56 mini they are down by the gear stick rather than on the door arm rest), whereas in any other car you'd either see your arm or have to move it to reach the switch.

The Skoda has passed its MOT today, this is the last time I'm doing the CV Joint boot by taking everything apart. I'm going to try one of those universal split boots next time I've to do one...

Last edited:
Had to get the steering rack changed on my 2011 Focus MK3 as I had the steering service warning message on my dash and no power steering occasionally, if you restart the car it's fine. Seems it's an extremely common problem on this car as well as the electronic part of the rack goes bad even though mechanicaly it's perfect as Ford had the bright idea of integrating it all into one piece. Ended up changing a sticky caliper as well so an expensive month for repairs :(

Had all my wheels refurbished as they were looking pretty scruffy, changed them to gun metal grey, they did a great job

Car doesn't look too bad for being almost 14yrs old :)

ady3Mqf.jpeg

mEAVitU.jpeg

Really happy with it, was originally going black but that's going to show scratches so gun metal was a nice mix between dark and light. Still anything was better than stock silver as I got fed up seeing that colour after years plus it was visibly dirty in no time with brake dust.

Last edited:
Interesting was in the Nissan dealer today and noted to one of the service staff they had a lot of Navaras sitting around and he said there is a massive DPF issue going on with the 19/20 ones, which they are getting loads back in for and/or people rejecting them, and Nissan can't fix it, they do a reset/clean but every 7-10K miles it'll throw up an EML and put it into limp mode again. Ooof. Was toying with the idea of buying one, though kind of put off by the engine, but don't need that :s

Apparently some of the Isuzus have the same/related issue, but I'm not sure what year/model are affected.

Last edited:
The documents for my Impreza arrived today from Japan. Always a bit of a roulette but looks great, all spare keys, stereo remote and a full document pack there.

Also appears to have an overly extensive service history with a service every 5000km's, lets hope that helps :)

Some Japanese snacks too, woop

Other half’s crown decided to poopoo it self and starter died. Was a painful job, took 3 hours to remove one of the two bolts holding it in. Then another 3 to get the actual starter out through a gap that’s probably 5mm too small between oil pan and subframe.

On top of it, I did the discs as they’re old and previous owner gave me new discs, did the bushes in the front, new sidelight bulbs.

Should be MOT ready now.

The documents for my Impreza arrived today from Japan. Always a bit of a roulette but looks great, all spare keys, stereo remote and a full document pack there.

Also appears to have an overly extensive service history with a service every 5000km's, lets hope that helps :)

Some Japanese snacks too, woop
Of all the places to take pictures, you choose a baby changing mat :D

Back
Top Bottom