What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
I got caught speeding again! Go me! :o
38 in a 30 and I did a speed awareness course 14 months ago.

Comparison site seems to show an SP30 will likely only increase my insurance price by £30 - £40.

Anyone with an SP30 tell me if that is likely to be reflected in reality when I tell my insurer? :p

I'm always amazed the police don't setup more here https://maps.app.goo.gl/VpsVXgqbQ1H2Yk6TA the approach into the town I work in, NSL into a 30. I nearly get rear ended slowing for the 30 by people who want to treat it like 70 up to the roundabout :( and I suspect they'd get such a surprise if they were done for the speeds they'd normally do without me obstructing them into the 30!

Personally I don't really care what speed people do exactly as long as it is reasonable for the speed limit and conditions, but not anticipating other people driving to the speed limit is brain dead.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm always amazed the police don't setup more here https://maps.app.goo.gl/VpsVXgqbQ1H2Yk6TA the approach into the town I work in, NSL into a 30. I nearly get rear ended slowing for the 30 by people who want to treat it like 70 up to the roundabout :( and I suspect they'd get such a surprise if they were done for the speeds they'd normally do without me obstructing them into the 30!

Personally I don't really care what speed people do exactly as long as it is reasonable for the speed limit and conditions, but not anticipating other people driving to the speed limit is brain dead.

Yep. 38 was a perfectly fine speed for that piece of road, it was on the tail end of a 30 limit exiting a village where the road gets straighter and wider and approaches a 60 limit.

It really ****** me off how this sort of fine and penalty is for revenue generation more than it is for safety... It was a bike copper with a handheld radar gun. He might as well have just hopped on his bike and ordered me to give him £150, its the same thing.

Caporegime
Literally never encountered one in all my years of driving, fingers crossed I don't either as inevitably it will be the one time I slip up they'll happen to be there :(

Hot sunny day coming back from picking up some ice cream from the shop, windows down, no traffic around, straight road, and bam, bike copper.

I'm pretty salty about it if you couldn't tell. :p

Soldato
Insured it for the year - double the price of last year! :eek:

Annoyingly, I've now got a non-fault claim on my file after someone rear-ended me back in February. It adds over £100 to my renewal - seems like it'll have an impact for a good few years (obviously for the 5 years I need to declare it for..). The claim is now closed, but would I have any recourse here, ie small claims court for the increased insurance costs? Anyone ever done it?

Soldato
When my wifes pug got written off last year i found a car care package hidden in the boot of the car, it had screenwash, wash/wax and such like............. but it also had a bottle of a ceramic type glass coating which apparently makes water run off the glass without sticking.

i decided to try it out on my car, which could be good as it does not have a rear wiper. it seems to help albeit i have not been out in the rain in the car since doing it...... however my god it stinks!.. I put the rags in the washing machine and managed to stink out the whole kitchen, smelt a bit like rotten bananas. even after washing them, it left a lasting stench in the washing machine. it took a boil cleaning cycle and 2 or 3 loads of washing to completely get rid of the smell.

so in future i shall be washing the rags for that in a bucket outside!!!.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oh. In which case I'm back to not knowing what is special about them! Different value of resistor perhaps?

The A110 plugs are probably a heat range hotter as it’s sold at a lower power output.

Which could potentially cause issues with pre-ignition. Modern turbo direct injection engines are already prone to pre-ignition, mostly at low engine speed and high load.

So there could be validity in it being wrong plugs. But chances are if it’s tuned, it was just badly tuned

IC3

IC3

Soldato
image.png

Back
Top Bottom