What have you done to your car today?

Watched it tick over to a run-in 145,000 miles today.

Running like clockwork, well chuffed. Spent some of the 'ZT is going to blow up' fund on laptop bits, so it better not break for a while :p

Going to order the entire exhaust, as it's original and just starting to let go. Shame as it's done 10 years and nearly 150k - not bad innings.
Edit: £70 for the front section and £57 for the rear. Not as cheap as I'd hoped!

Last edited:
Had the afternoon off work, and changed oil and filter and also another slightly dodgy rear caliper today. Went to do the gearbox oil but I need to obtain a correct sized allen key and cut it down to size in order to get it into the drainage plug hex socket, which sits about 15mm away from the subframe. Interesting design, Ford..

So that can wait 'til the weekend when I have more time.

I have altered the way the turbos behave (swapping a few hoses about) from both spooling in together at 4k to the OEM, 1st turbo coming in at 2k and the 2nd turbo coming in at 4k. I haven't driven the car in this mode with the full exhaust system so wanted to experience it... Should be fun :-)

Took it for service and MOT, passed with no advisories, happy with that (first time I'd had the car MOT'd since buying it, whilst I am confident I bought a good 'un, being bought through a private seller there would have been no comeback at all had anything needed doing).

Courtesy car that I was given for the day was tragic, the worst car I have ever driven, gearboxr is so vague, the lever is really look and the shift is very sloppy indeed, theres a huge dead spot at the top of the accelator pedal where it doesn't do anything and just feels loose and unsprung. And it looks like this:

BuTR8bg.jpg

Clearly the garage had a sense of humour :o. My MX5 now feels like a porsche compared to that thing.

What is that.

I would have just walked or got a taxi.

Chevrolet Matiz 1.0. Used as a courtesy car from a Mazda/Chevrolet main dealer!

I would normally have walked however I had a long day at work (unusually across two sites as well), it was raining and I couldnt have been sure I'd be back in time. Last time I went to this dealer I have had a Nissan Note...now that wasn't great but this was a whole different league of crapness.

Probably had it scratched again :mad:

Leave it at home for ONE DAY and I come back to find the Landlord has decided to cut the hedge. :mad:

Cleaned all the glass with Invisible Glass and treated the windscreen with Rain X, not sure about the job I've done, might go over it again at the weekend as the weather look like it might be alright.

Ordered some bits for the Legnum yesterday to do a 54,000 mile/5 year service on it at the weekend (as it's now done over 120k miles (145k on the clock, but first ~50 of that was km), and I've had it 5.5 years and done ~65k in it in that time!)

Cambelt kit (cambelt, 2x aux belts, tensioner pulley, centre idler pulley)
Hydraulic tensioner
Water pump
Spark plugs (NGK Iridium BKR7EIX)
Fuel filter
Air intake manifold upper gasket

Total of £271.34 including shipping

Already got plenty of 5w30 fully synthetic oil and filters (as I change them every 4500 miles anyway) - should keep us busy enough, does mean might not get too much done to the Anglia...

Plus a new ABS reluctor ring because the one on the rear passenger side is split, and is causing issues with the ABS.

HlOj49s.jpg

Found out that the bike rack fits

1268944_10153305804130424_1453221077_o.jpg

\o/

It's a Saris bones I share with 2 friends. Very well built, and that was just a test fit; I have a roll of general purpose rubber matting that I will cut up and place under the rubber feet and if I can, around the edges of the boot where the clips attach.

I'll also only be carrying one bike tomorrow, which is about 11kg; it's designed to hold three and it does so very well.

Chevrolet Matiz 1.0. Used as a courtesy car from a Mazda/Chevrolet main dealer!

I would normally have walked however I had a long day at work (unusually across two sites as well), it was raining and I couldnt have been sure I'd be back in time. Last time I went to this dealer I have had a Nissan Note...now that wasn't great but this was a whole different league of crapness.

I drove a chevvymatits I borrowed off a friend, I was not impressed. It was rather vague in every respect.

Need to get the DSLR out (Crappy camera phone picture).

car_by_darkelmarko-d6n6k8s.jpg

But chrome washer jets & chrome door mirrors, also stripped the horrible paint off the stainless steel exhaust & it looks really nice now - just a few bits n bobs to finish off (fix the wiring for the internal lights/replace them) then sort out the alloys (they need a good hard clean & polish).

So far,

Rear light units replaced (clear/black LED), high level brake light replaced (clear/LED), all reflectors replaced (clear with chrome edging), side/lights replaced (Clear), side repeaters replaced (clear with chrome edging), headlight units replaced, black front grill installed, headlights units replaced, roll bar painted jet black, all bulbs replaced with higher grade or LED, all bumpers trims re-dyed black & the paint work touched up....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom