What have you done to your car today?

Ooh can I join in with this?
cambelt006Large-1.jpg~original

Proper way round = space. I do hate V6 motors though, so pointlessly over complicated. For that matter, I hate cam belts too, an unnecessary PITA.

I didn't do that recently though, today though I picked up some wheels for the S15 though. Yokohama AVS Model 6 17x8+9J et35, with tyres (albeit not great ones) for £100, bargain! I will get them refurbished in gloss white, should look ok..
car.jpg

Installed some flexi brake ducts on me track car to push some cold air in behind the caliper/disc, just used an L-shape bracket bolted to the bottom arms holding the ducting in place, seems to be working pretty well but with the wheels are on full lock and you can see how close it comes haha :cool:

brakeducts.jpg

Well after the stockpiling of various bits and pieces, they're all out of my bedroom and on the car. What it's had done:

Suspension Refresh
New dampers, new cup wishbones, new rack bushes, new top mounts, new track rods and track rod ends, new ARB Bushes, geo setup. All what it had when it rolled out of the factory 9years/60,000miles ago. Feels a good bit sharper and more precise than it used to - I can see why all the magazines reckoned this was one of the best handling hot hatches.

New Springs
Chose the ones that are the best road/track compromise. They're 25mm lower on the front, and 30mm lower on the rear. There are lower springs available, but they start to look silly, rubbish ride quality, and haven't had the same track development that these have had. Unfortunately the only decent coil-overs you can get for the car are the wrong side of £1K - all the others in the right fitment aren't as good as new dampers & these springs.

Brembo Brakes
Needed new discs on the front, but as I'd never been a fan of the brakes anyways I thought it was a good opportunity to replace the lot. Brembo 4pot callipers from the newer/heavier Clios/Meganes (with Renault part numbers), brackets to fit (based on the Twingo R3 rally cars who use the same hubs as the Clio), AP Racing 300mm discs with directional vanes (R-Sport part numbers), and braided lines. Pedal is obviously a bit longer as the pistons in the callipers have far more fluid to move, but it's not too bad. There's enough power early on in the pedal for day-to-day driving, but if you give it a good press there's **** loads of power :D. Pedal is nice and linear.

Took a couple of pictures in the car park to show how it sits on the new suspension.

clean1.JPG

clean2.JPG

clean3.JPG

My cousin met one of your lot in Egypt 2 week's ago. Vinyl wrapper, about 50ish, big built and based in Milton Keynes. Supposedly his 3months of travelling with the team started with Singapore.

Cousin said he was a top bloke.

My cousin met one of your lot in Egypt 2 week's ago. Vinyl wrapper, about 50ish, big built and based in Milton Keynes. Supposedly his 3months of travelling with the team started with Singapore.

Cousin said he was a top bloke.

That will be Quinny i think, stocky guy with a slightly OZ accent?

Dragged mine down the side of a corsa due to the street having parks cars on both sides, a women who drove up pulled in on the other side of the road, a van coming the other way and a bus behind that too.

I was tired and not concentrating. Left my name and number under the wiper as I'd hate to have it happen to me.

WP_20130925_004_zpsbc67cb5f.jpg

WP_20130925_003_zps4f135cf1.jpg

WP_20130925_005_zps2b036833.jpg

She called me earlier, she's only had it back a week after someone did the same in an Asda car park last week.

I'd be furious too but also I know how a bus comes up the street ever 15 minutes and a coach about twice an hour during the day. http://goo.gl/maps/WESpN is the road and it had more cars on the left too.

She'll be claiming off my TPFT policy and I just wiped mine down and will leave the dents. Should work out smoothly enough for her I hope. I can't find it in my policy but I have 2 years no claims, I assume most companies reduce that to 0 unless you have silly years NCB.

I'm with Equity redstar via Adrian flux, I think I give her the Adrian flux claim number?

Come on, there's plenty of room for a bus to get up there with cars parked either side - I know its frustrating doing something daft but you just need to move on from it.

I'd assume they will take the 2 years but you'll just need to ask them. As ytoulk already be relatively high cost insurance wise anyway ( I'm guessing) you might not find a massive difference next year

Come on, there's plenty of room for a bus to get up there with cars parked either side - I know its frustrating doing something daft but you just need to move on from it.

I'd assume they will take the 2 years but you'll just need to ask them. As ytoulk already be relatively high cost insurance wise anyway ( I'm guessing) you might not find a massive difference next year

Aye first things first it's my fault as I was rushing to go drop a caliper rewind tool at my mate and then home for dinner. I never go that road really and it's typical that's when I'll drag my car down the side of another.

It wasn't the bus as it was sat further down the road. Was more the fact a woman got past me with a van behind her but she pulled in next to/in front of me on the other side so I had to move to let the van past.

The 330 I was looking at was £650 FC but would be £950 with no ncb. Annoying but I can't afford to just pay to fix her car :o

Started to remodel the rear end of the MX5 to fit an OEM bumper and tail lights, quite a lot of work needed as the wings had been extended and the light housing mounting points had been removed.

Back
Top Bottom