What have you done to your car today?

my bmw nuts were rusty too. I sprayed them gloss black as thats all I had and cleaned my wheels inside and out while off. Looked daft but very clean I think.

must be 3 weeks in and starting to see rust again on some parts. you can buy caps but they look rubbish apparently

When they go rusty again get some emery/sandpaper and go over them, bit of prime and some paint afterwards they will look a treat. Probably could justify a new set by then lol

Thanks, will be having the wheels off soon to paint the calipers soon so will give that a go then :) but as you say might end up buying new nuts instead lol.

my bmw nuts were rusty too. I sprayed them gloss black as thats all I had and cleaned my wheels inside and out while off. Looked daft but very clean I think.

must be 3 weeks in and starting to see rust again on some parts. you can buy caps but they look rubbish apparently

Black was tempting but just thought it might look a little odd, however I did see glow in the dark green in B&Q and have to admit it was very tempting :p yeah have yet to find a set of caps that don't look naff :(

Didn't do anything to my car but serviced my girlfriends car and gave it a good check over and tried to determine why it was running hot - no water in the expansion tank at all. Filled it up and took it for a drive and it was gone again with no sign of leakage. Filled it up but haven't checked again, hopefully it will stabilise itself but I'm curious where it's all gone. Thermostat housing seems common on them so will keep an eye on it. Temp seems more stable now though.

Cam belt is also overdue so gonna give that a go at some point. Looks pretty easy on the 1.4 8v Peugeot engine.

Managed to make it start better by cleaning all the intake as well.

Oh the clutch is seriously worn out too. Can anyone estimate how much it's likely to cost to have done on a 207 1.4?

Rewired the mess the last owner did with my head unit wiring (standard sony unit in 2008 fiesta ST) with him adding a line level converter in to run an amp.

Dodgy scotch lock things, half the speaker cables fell out by just touching them, so done properly and safely now and no bass coming and going intermittently which was obviously due to bad termination.

Also ordered a new JL audio sub and amp :)

Fitted the Breaking Bad air freshener my sis bought me :D

1377159_10153346051925424_144742919_n.jpg

A rattle has presented itself on my passenger side door. Was puzzled as to wtf was rattling on a rough road driving through New Forest today. Must be those clips which have been bent and straightened a number of times now as I've had the door panelling off a few times to get to various bits and replace the actuator etc.

A couple had actually broken so I spread the remaining out to balance out the clips and fitment.

I've ordered 10 of these for under £3, bargain.

%24(KGrHqUOKnQE1ReQM)fYBNhJ(OmpRg~~_12.jpg

Remap done today on our 1998 GTi 1.8T at R-Tech. Super service and very interesting too. Well worth £250 for custom map including rolling road before and after.
On the way home, very noticeable regarding extra torque. My son who was driving put his foot down in 3rd gear and the front wheels broke traction. The road was damp but the car has never had enough torque to do that before in the 15 years I have owned it.

Peter

A rattle has presented itself on my passenger side door. Was puzzled as to wtf was rattling on a rough road driving through New Forest today. Must be those clips which have been bent and straightened a number of times now as I've had the door panelling off a few times to get to various bits and replace the actuator etc.

A couple had actually broken so I spread the remaining out to balance out the clips and fitment.

I've ordered 10 of these for under £3, bargain.

%24(KGrHqUOKnQE1ReQM)fYBNhJ(OmpRg~~_12.jpg

I have a bag of those in the glove box from the same seller! :D
I need to order some interior trim clips now too as a few have fractured out of old age :/

I've gone a little bit anal in terms of replacing rattly bits, but then the car is 13 years old :eek:
I desperately need to get my steering wheel retrimmed, but am plumping for replacing all the bushes and refreshing suspension first.

Back
Top Bottom