What have you done to your car today?

Details left or not, I'd be furious waking up to see that.

Unlucky.

Just spoke to the insurer and herself and I now have 0 NCB which makes so much sense to me thinking logically.

Turns out the claim she made last week was on her own insurance as the person didn't leave details. So she's back to where I am too :o

It's time she moved house and stopped parking on the pavement.

The other incident was in an Asda car park right enough.

I won't blame her as the parking is terrible around here. Half the streets are 5 cars on the left hand side, followed by 5 on the right and then 5 on the left again. Come through and meet a bus and you're ******.

Changed handbrake gaitor for a proper leather one (stock one was okay, but plastic and a bit cheap feeling).

Fitted Laille Beatrush 'Direct Brake Kit' (master cylinder stopper). Nicely made bit of kit this, fits really well and there will be absolutely no flex at all now.

Tried to change gear gaitor for a leather one, but discovered my gear knob was on too tight. Annoyed at myself for not changing the gaitor before changing the knob the other day, but I'll sort it in the end somehow...

Fitted rear tonneau covers. Actually startlingly easy to fit once the bracket is fitted, and tidies up the hood nicely, but the instructions are useless and give no indication of the angle of the bracket. Lots of faffing around and the deed is done.

Now for a long drive...

Oh fun and games. Taking advantage of ECP's massive sales I bought wiper blades as per the other thread for £12 for the pair and they were also listed as compatible via ECP's car registration checker so I thought awesome...

I wanted to go back to normal non flat blades as they fit so nicely on the E46 arm it just looks proper as if it is one single piece of wiper arm and since the OEM blade for the E46 is Bosch anyway I thought nothing more of it.

Arrives today:
20130927_171212_HDR.jpg

1: The spoiler is too small, doesn't span the entire arm like the OEM E46 one does.
2: The spoiler clips touch the arm when installed and put in normal position so it doesn't sit flush.
3: In a frustrated effort to remove the spoiler I broke it... both of them.
4: Threw my toys out of the pram and went to Halfords and bought these on sale for the pair at £22:

20130927_180316_HDR.jpg

1: These fit as expected but the buckle is just too big as with all these retrofit blades leaving a gap between the arm itself and the blade top. This makes it look crap but hey what can you do.

I think I will just go to the dealer and buy an OEM set because it's impossible to find them anywhere else. I just home there's a dealer out there that still sells them because last time I checked they replaced them with flat retrofit ones...

Edit*
I think to date I have now tried almost all brands of wiper blades on the E46 coupe. Absolutely none of them are 100% as perfect as the OEM non flat blades but if I had to choose a non OEM pair it would always be Alca ones which don't have a huge buckle and are the flattest blades available.

Last edited:
Jesus. I never knew it was possible to get so hung up about wiper blades

Maybe if I cared more then I'd be stopped by members of the opposite sex to compliment me on my blade choice and offer to go out with me?

Jesus. I never knew it was possible to get so hung up about wiper blades

Maybe if I cared more then I'd be stopped by members of the opposite sex to compliment me on my blade choice and offer to go out with me?

Not sure if serious or just dumb Friday post?

I want it looking proper, if that means going through lots of different ones to try them out then so be it. At least it means someone else won't have to next time round. I like many others here choose to share experiences with people. I thought this section was unlike that type of GD posting mantra.

Last edited:
No they're perfectly fine quality but they look like crap because the buckle the hook goes into is tall and long. It doesn't look like a factory fit item. The Alca ones at least do somewhat due to being so flat all over.

Not seen your post about it I don't think but that's the ticket, flush and good. The E46 arms wrap around the blade and are straight unlike those above so those blades should sit inside the arm nicely!

Done some fiddling on the BMW.

Was left in awe at how goddamn awkward the undertray "system" is.

If you drop anything, it wont get to the ground, it will land in one of the layers of the undertray and no amount of fishing abuot will find it

Back
Top Bottom