What have you done to your car today?

Not sure if serious or just dumb Friday post?

I want it looking proper, if that means going through lots of different ones to try them out then so be it. At least it means someone else won't have to next time round. I like many others here choose to share experiences with people. I thought this section was unlike that type of GD posting mantra.

I've got Alca blades on mine at the moment. They've been on there 18 months or so and I am very happy with them, only issue is that at speed they can miss the drivers side bottom corner due to being pushed off the screen slightly.

The BMW 'Evo Flat' wipers for the E46 were also very good. Repranded Bosch AFAIQ but fit and work quite well. Only issue is they are overpriced and you have to get them from BMW.

Not sure if serious or just dumb Friday post?

I want it looking proper, if that means going through lots of different ones to try them out then so be it. At least it means someone else won't have to next time round. I like many others here choose to share experiences with people. I thought this section was unlike that type of GD posting mantra.

Half and half.

I just dont get how something as insignificant as wiper blades can be worth the cost/effort if they dont look "right".

Is there an ultimate wiper blade look?

1381386_10151978234455864_442558623_n.jpg

Helped my mate repaint his rocker cover in crinkle black paint, the red was flaking off and just looked bad. also fitted carbon fibre spark plug cover and a short shifter.

Did you remove the rocker cover or just apply it being careful/wiping mistakes?

Something I want to do to mine as it's peeled/peeling at the bottom/sides, but I don't want to mess about messing up taking the rocker cover off, or is it an easy job?

What paint did you use?

yea we removed it and did it properly.

Its not hard to do really its just un doing bolts and knowing where they go. Aint much to it.

We unbolted the resevoir bracket so it didnt scratch the rocker cover when removing and replacing.

My K+DCAN cable finally arrived from China, so I've coded a couple of features onto my MINI:

- Added On-board computer (£120 option fit, but you only need to change 2 values...)
- Comfort close windows
- Always show digital speed value (like on MY11+ vehicles)
- One-touch close on passenger window

Put 2 stickers & a badge on it.
1 Red Triangle with LPG on it - Bottom left of rear window.
1 with just the words Autogas in black that wraps around the top of the LPG filler cap bit.
1 Chrome style badge with a green flag on it & LPG in silver/chrome look/plaggy cheap stuff. :p

Got them cheap from the rain forest & just wanted every else on the road to know that I am only paying 70p a litre for my fuel. :D

Or I could be being sensible & putting proper warning signs on for the emergency services etc

Choice is yours. :p

yea we removed it and did it properly.

Its not hard to do really its just un doing bolts and knowing where they go. Aint much to it.

We unbolted the resevoir bracket so it didnt scratch the rocker cover when removing and replacing.

I did think it was that simple, but wasn't sure. Cheers for the information.

Definitely something I need to do.

After four weeks of sitting on my rear, I finally fitted a new alternator and belt on the Mini. Decided to go for an uprated 75amp one.

Wasn't sure if the seized one was standard output or an uprated, shocked to find it was the original Austin Rover one! Did well, 20 years and 130k later.

Great to have it back out. Always gets looks and smiles as well as waves from children. I'm aware of the pink dice... was an experiment. I took them off because they're too big lol.

Last edited:
So a while back I got my wheels refurbed and they look awesome, but the bolts have been letting the look down as they are all horrible and rusty, so gave them a quick spray over.

Had an argument with the dozy bint in B&Q who was refusing to sell me a can of silver spray paint as I'm under 21, despite the fact that the law is 16+, and she didn't take too kindly to me reminding her of that fact. Halfords it was then.

They were looking pretty crap before:

20130929_152921.jpg

A quick coat on one from each wheel to make sure that all was good:

20130929_154624.jpg

Much improved!!

20130929_160606.jpg

Slowly getting there

20130929_164654.jpg

And all finished :D

20130929_181059.jpg

Will probably re do them at a later date as the finish isn't the best, but in the interim it's a definite improvement :)

Have also ordered some black PlastiDip to go over some interior trim that's showing its age.

Last edited:
Buy some new nuts, surely those will look a mess again once the paint chips from taking them on/off as well? The paint is unlikely to adhere will to a corroded surface as well...

Can understand why you'd do it though, manky wheel nuts can really ruin a cars appearance!

Gave the 306 an oil and filter change as it was 250 miles overdue a service which isn't as bad as my step-dad who's 330D is now 1250 miles overdue a service.

The new oil didn't come pouring out through the dodgy sump plug like it did last time so that's a bonus as well. Fuel filter was manky as Hell, don't know what happened to that thing over the last 12 months :p

Buy some new nuts, surely those will look a mess again once the paint chips from taking them on/off as well? The paint is unlikely to adhere will to a corroded surface as well...

Can understand why you'd do it though, manky wheel nuts can really ruin a cars appearance!

That will most likely be the case and will probably end up spraying them again, if they flake very quickly and badly then I'll grab a new set, but tbh I was bored and found the DIY thing fun so fancied giving it a go :)

That will most likely be the case and will probably end up spraying them again, if they flake very quickly and badly then I'll grab a new set, but tbh I was bored and found the DIY thing fun so fancied giving it a go :)

When they go rusty again get some emery/sandpaper and go over them, bit of prime and some paint afterwards they will look a treat. Probably could justify a new set by then lol

Back
Top Bottom