What have you done to your car today?

New fan switch installed and then re-bled the coolant, AC being on now seems to over cool the engine so I'll have to look into that :(

While I waited I used some Megiure Ultimate Compound on the headlights, brought them up a treat but the plastic seems so soft I do think they'll ever really look new again :(

Sand with 800 and spray good quality clearcoat on, will be good for years.

I got rid of the "Sagitar P307" ditchfinders that were fitted to my car and had a new set of "Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance" fitted. The difference in grip in the wet is astounding, the car seems so quiet inside too!

Spent today installing my new Vanos seals and rocker cover gasket.

Took a lot longer than expected (started at 9 and was finished by 5) but I did have to wait an hour for the post lady to arrive with my 32mm spanner so I could remove the viscous fan. I'm not the most adept of mechanics but there was nothing in there I really struggled with. My cold start idle issue seems to have gone, but it can take a few days for the Vanos seals to settle before I see any benefit. They were definitely buggered though, they were as brittle as anything, the same with the rocker cover gasket.

Wasn't the best day for doing the work, but thankfully I managed to borrow a marquee from a workmate which kept me dry all day :)

Here's a couple of crappy quick phone pics snapped during tea breaks:

5FA3EEC1-CEE2-4C0A-A1E8-416D5B1BCDD4-7546-00000690102DD66D_zps13c39cdc.jpg

C723D9A8-E131-4180-A377-087D92C38191-7546-000006901BE5FD3C_zpsc7b7a937.jpg

Day started off torrential rain then cleared up perfectly.

Took the opportunity to fully clean the car, clay bar and wax in preparation for winter. Doubt I will get many more opportunities with weather that clear so made the most of it!

Started taking the rear interior out today. Not sure if to leave what is left in the car or not as I don't really have anywhere to store it, it won't keep much weight in the car and kinda keeps things looking semi tidy... Was a tiny bit of water in the wheel well which was gutting so will need to tidy it all up and check the seals on the lights as nothing was actually wet to the touch.

IMAG0323_zps7aa7fba4.jpg

I tried running less camber because the wear was annoying, and as much as I hate to admit it, Simon on here vehemently opposing what I had been doing made me second guess myself.

Eh?

I run 2 deg all round on my car. I think i disagreed with somthing about plans you making to running something ridiculous. Like 3.5 degrees?

What's up with the rear right camber? or is it non adjustable?

Last edited:
Eh?

I run 2 deg all round on my car. I think i disagreed with somthing about plans you making to running something ridiculous. Like 3.5 degrees?

What's up with the rear right camber? or is it non adjustable?

Right is fine, left is the problem. Tried to adjust it but the bolt was stuck firm even with a 3ft bar on it. Honestly every time I go, the rear cambers have moved. I've been tempted to lock out the stock adjusters and get adjustable arms but never bothered, and a bit put off because none of them have the built in weakness that the stock ones do. I have a history of bending lower arms and would rather this than bending subframe/chassis.

Not too arsed about it now, drives sublime just like it used to, and my new car is coming home on Tuesday so focus will shift on to that.

Back
Top Bottom