What have you done to your car today?

Didn't think there would be that much overspray tbh, plus knew that new tyres would be happening shortly and geekman wasn't too concerned. As fun as it was, think I'll stay away from spray cans from now on :D

Someone in a van reversed into the civic today whilst my Mrs was at work. Thankfully, they left a note with details and do not want to go through insurance and said they will pay to have all the dents removed if we send a few quotes to them.

No PDR will touch it due to the size and because it is on the crease lines on the door.

Can't wait to ring him and tell him the cheapest quote we have had is £730.

Managed to fix the low power issue on the 330 this morning. Turned out to be the exhaust camshaft position sensor. £100 for the part but it was a 5 minute job and she now drives like a dream..in fact probably even better than when I bought her! Just got to get her cleaned up and up for sale now.

Managed to fix the low power issue on the 330 this morning. Turned out to be the exhaust camshaft position sensor. £100 for the part but it was a 5 minute job and she now drives like a dream..in fact probably even better than when I bought her! Just got to get her cleaned up and up for sale now.

I take it you bought the genuine part from BMW?

The Valeo part from ECP for £40 would have done tbh.

I take it you bought the genuine part from BMW?

The Valeo part from ECP for £40 would have done tbh.

I'd rather pay the extra for a part that's guaranteed to last for 2 years tbh. I'd read so many stories of dodgy 3rd party sensors that it was worth it, even though it's only whoever buys the car who will benefit.

Wired in the head-rest speakers on the mx5 seats that I previously fitted into my mgbgt. Should make a nice change when it is out next summer. I also fixed the broken clasp for the centre console storage, had to bodge together a bracket as the old plastic had broken away so much.
Next I have to work out if I can make creee led spotlights look old fashioned enough so they don't look out of place. If I can figure it out well order them in :)

Guys, quick one.

Guy who went into are car the other day can not afford to pay for the damage. Going through insurance, would it make car a Cat D?

As stated it needs £730 worth of work doing to it. Little ding in the door that has slightly stretched the metal around the safety beam in the door and a long dent in the rear quarter that is only noticeable at certain angles.

Last edited:
Is this the old civic? I'm fairly sure you can insist his insurance repair it ( you'd need to check that) but if it was written off you could buy it back for pennies and fix it yourself for a lot less than 700. Crash bar won't be much used, leave the rest quarter and sort the back bumper

Made a start to tarting up the paint on the Silvia, did about 1/4 of the car with the clay bar and it took bloody ages. It pulled quite a bit of crap out of the paint so I will eat my words about these clay things. At the same time though, it made the paint a little cloudy like I've been at it with a very fine 6000 grit or something.

Anyway I need some new compound/polish as I no longer have any Megs 105/205. I have been reading that the Scholl concepts stuff is very good and makes the Megs look old hat. I just need to polish out this very light scuffing from the clay, the water spots (lots of these, this is the main problem) and light swirling. S17+ a good bet?

Is this the old civic? I'm fairly sure you can insist his insurance repair it ( you'd need to check that) but if it was written off you could buy it back for pennies and fix it yourself for a lot less than 700. Crash bar won't be much used, leave the rest quarter and sort the back bumper

Yeah its the civic (thank god :p)

Honestly, the damage is tiny. Just looks like 2 big carpark door dings, but once you look at it properly you can see at certain angles that the metal as stretched where the safety beam is in the door. I didn't even notice it till the guy at the bodyshop pointed it out.

Car is worth around £3k going by AT (1 previous owner, 2004, 55k miles)

Took a lady to a rather important engagement :)

1383566_10151828520861847_576632730_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom