What have you done to your car today?

It says in the instructions not to remove it. I fit at least half a dozen sets of pagid discs a week and have never ever has any issue with the coating.

I've never bothered to read the instructions. :p

It'll get removed by the pads anyway so it seems sensible to clean it off, especially as previously I've fitted their painted blanks discs and had shoddy noisy braking for a few stops (Howard may remember this from my 328) and when I popped the pads off a short while later they had paint crap in the friction material.
I'll stick with my method, done it for years and they work well without any detrimental effects to braking or anything. :)

Last edited:
After fitting the new front suspension, I decided to try setting the alignment, using the "string box" technique:

SBzg7bv.jpg
DqeWLBQ.jpg
Xa55gP3.jpg

The length of wood clamped to the steering wheel prevents the wheel from turning when adjusting the track rod ends.

Front right wheel had about 4mm toe in (across the diameter of the rim), with the front left having 0mm toe, which accounted for needing to turn the steering wheel to the right when driving straight

The default should be 0 overall toe, so the front wheels are now parallel, as they should be.

Rears appear to have the same amount of toe as each other, so will see how it feels once I take it out for a spin.

"Adaptive Headlight Defective"

*turns car off and on again at the next set of lights*
No warning- Problem solved :D

Having done some research, it seems to be a common intermittent fault. Yay.

Surprised it drives at all, when I blew a hose off, I struggled to move at the next roundabout! As Clarkey says, put it back on :p looks like you'll need to rotate the clip a bit, but shouldn't be any issues loosening it slightly and refitting the hose

Cleaned it properly for the second time since I've had it. Need to get myself a proper cleaning kit rather than borrowing my mates. Technically not today but I aligned the passenger side wiper lower than it used to be...

temporary_zpsc4f07fa8.jpg

temporary_zps025b0280.jpg

it was that bad before I had written TURBO and a penis on the hatch and it wouldn't come off with the pressure washer....

Last edited:
Got a puncture last week and the tyre goo was less than useless. Did a bit of research online and found that an Impreza spacesaver fits my car and will also sit neatly in the recess in the boot. So I picked one up from eBay for £20.

Hopefully, I never have to use it.

Got a puncture last week and the tyre goo was less than useless. Did a bit of research online and found that an Impreza spacesaver fits my car and will also sit neatly in the recess in the boot. So I picked one up from eBay for £20.

Hopefully, I never have to use it.
Nice.

There is the space in my boot for a full-size spare. I should really do something about that. I dread the day I have to use some god-awful goo. Could do with a jack though :p

In Australia, the car comes equipped with a full size spare (think its mandatory for all cars out there*), but with a modified boot mat that takes up more room. In other countries, I beleive the space saver is standard. Here in the Uk though, just a bottle of goo and a compressor :(

EDIT: *This might actually be lies.

Last edited:
Nice.

There is the space in my boot for a full-size spare. I should really do something about that. I dread the day I have to use some god-awful goo. Could do with a jack though :p

I thought the goo stuff was ok? I just bought a BMW Mobility Kit for mine complete with cannister of zoo. It only needs to get you to the nearest tyre place, same as one of those space savers does.

Rip the sidewall open, good luck with your goo then :p That stuff is only ever any use for small punctures like nails, which most of the time stay in the tyre and only loses pressure very slowly.

Spare wheel every time for me!

[TW]Fox;27066096 said:
I thought the goo stuff was ok? I just bought a BMW Mobility Kit for mine complete with cannister of zoo. It only needs to get you to the nearest tyre place, same as one of those space savers does.

Don't think you can repair a puncture once the goo has been used though can you?

Back
Top Bottom