What have you done to your car today?

Went to go replace the clutch line on the Skyline today, bolt is rounded like it never needs to come off ever again!!

Only supposed to take 30mins tops to do! wasted an entire afternoon trying to sort it, gonna have to pull the Master Cylinder out now....ugh!

I see turtle wax do one also and autoglym and megs? None of them as good?

Seen ur edit.. My dirt layer must be 5mm thick :')

Watch out for the autoglym one. It's acid based, which is great for breaking down heavy brake dust but make sure you clean it all off/don't let it sit too long.

Also don't get any on your hands if you have paper cuts. :p

Recently, I've just been buying the demon shine wheel cleaner and it works as well as anything else I've used. I've tried bilberry but didn't find it that effective when diluted. Not sure if I did something wrong though...

Couple of bits on the E46 330Ci.

Changed the air con belt and powered steering belts for £20.00;

http://i.imgur.com/yb2ay7Tl.jpg[IMG]

Also had quite a bit of water in drivers side front fog lamp. Took it out, dried it out and cleaned it up. The seal looks perfect and the breather isn't blocked, so not sure what happened there. Anyway, drove it home and it looks like there's condensation in it again. I don't want to pay £70 for one from EuroCarParts, is a scrapper a better bet?

What it looked like after I drove it home, in the dry;

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a1lyeBwl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Might do both of these jobs soon actually. A belt of some description (not sure which one) likes to squeal when the car cold/wet and my passenger fog light is rather cloudy lol. How challenging a job were the belts?

Watch out for the autoglym one. It's acid based, which is great for breaking down heavy brake dust but make sure you clean it all off/don't let it sit too long.

Also don't get any on your hands if you have paper cuts. :p

Recently, I've just been buying the demon shine wheel cleaner and it works as well as anything else I've used. I've tried bilberry but didn't find it that effective when diluted. Not sure if I did something wrong though...

I used the autoglym one.. iv made a real mess :( I need a new alloy please.

I don't learn the easy way

Might do both of these jobs soon actually. A belt of some description (not sure which one) likes to squeal when the car cold/wet and my passenger fog light is rather cloudy lol. How challenging a job were the belts?

They're a 2 minute job so long as you can get your hands in, one 16mm bolt for the tensioner and a reasonable length bar to release the tension ( I've only ever done them with the fan out, I'm sire they can be done with it in place though- especially on a 4 cylinder)

I used the autoglym one.. iv made a real mess :( I need a new alloy please.

I don't learn the easy way

Really? How did you manage to do so much damage was it on there for half an hour or something? If its truly damaged it just get the wheel refurbed

Really? How did you manage to do so much damage was it on there for half an hour or something? If its truly damaged it just get the wheel refurbed

Yeah i did it fed the dogs left it on to soak in. came back and .. yeah bam :( Etched to hell damaged clearcoat

To be fair i was wanting new wheels soon anyhow so may treat myself and refurb this one when its time to sell

I'm hoping so as mk1 golf brakes are notoriously poo, hopefully the 280 at front with bigger calipers, braided hose and mk2golf rear discs should help it feel a bit more safe!

To be honest, you won't notice it on the braided lines really but the larger discs and calipers will be an improvement on feel and braking.

This afternoon I did this:

32b02d2bd7b852c3e27822fd214db290.jpg

f27ca41e1310a4b2c1649973a8bb760d.jpg

d8e9e80c378108e32a4225fe8c2bf8f2.jpg

Ran out of light so I'll finish it off tomorrow, should be drivable by the time it gets dark tomorrow hopefully. :)

ContiWinterContact TS830Ps fitted - first impressions, more road noise :(

HgkOQH0.jpg

This would be why that tyre had dropped to 1.1bar the other day....
2nd nail in this tyre within 6 weeks! Binned it as I have a spare Conti SP5 anyway. Annoying!

U6umMz2.jpg

Some ****ing ******** has reversed into me, probably at the local tesco last night. Only noticed it this morning.

Popped my arch trim and bumper, pushed the light back. Probably a £0 fix but infuriating all the same

New clutch and gearbox in a mates Astra H 1.6. I thought these were cheap to run/own every mans cars. The layshaft end bearing failed and totally destroyed the gearbox and clutch at only 100k miles.
As if that wasn't poor enough, the front subframe needs to come off to get the gearbox out, that requires hours of labour disassembling almost everything in the front end. Adding insult to injury, the parts are expensive. Over £200 for a clutch and slave/bearing for a cooking 1.6 astra, 200 notes for a used gearbox too. Seemingly this type of total self destruction is common over 100k miles so any box with low miles is considerably more expensive.
I hate this car and never want to see another GM product again.

Provisionally sold the RS6, I'll drop it off with the new owner next weekend after I get it MOT'd this week so one last big drive delivering it to Bristol and then it's gone :(

Back
Top Bottom