What have you done to your car today?

Not specifically me doing it to the car, but took my 04 A4 for service, MOT, gearbox & diff oil change & new rear discs+pads today.

Only needed a rear brake flexi for MOT. I'm pretty happy at the lack of MOT work required as that's the first MOT I've taken it for (had it just short of 12 months)

It did however come with a couple of advisories lower arm bushes on both sides. Also during service they noted the leaky cam cover gasket & coolant flange on back of block (I knew about these).

Prob get the bushed and leaks sorted in next month or two along with 4 new tyres.

Yup - exactly what was expected :) V. happy with the responsiveness. It's more the torque/responsiveness of the map that makes the difference :)

As in it limits power in the first 3 gears. It also has removed the speed limiter for Vmax.

Looks good - take it you went from the stock exhaust? Makes such a great noise with pretty much any aftermarket exhaust! Love my Scorpion and almost went with the Milltek :)

Out of interest - where did you get the remap done? Full rolling road etc.? my understanding is it has to be performed with the Uprev system? I have pretty much done all of the mods I want to on mine (plenum, exhaust, filters etc.) so been getting tempted to get it mapped but seems people either use RS or Abbey - neither of which are anywhere near me!

Edit - get some sound samples up in the 350Z thread ;)

Horsham developments. :)

Yeah it's exactly what the Zed needs - to breathe and shout! That v6 is glorious. Plenum and air filter has been done. :)

Kaaz 1.5-way diff is next on the list! Then braided brake lines, lightweight flywheel, discs, poly bushes... the list goes on!

Horsham developments. :)

Yeah it's exactly what the Zed needs - to breathe and shout! That v6 is glorious. Plenum and air filter has been done. :)

Kaaz 1.5-way diff is next on the list! Then braided brake lines, lightweight flywheel, discs, poly bushes... the list goes on!

I'm happy with mine without going crazy, wanted a bit more noise and that was about it! Stock diff does me for a bit of rearward action :D

Taking a look at the Horsham Developments website - look pretty good, may have to make the trip :(

Fitted some new seals around the rear lights to stop water running in and turning the boot into a swimming pool.

Quick fluid service for engine with filters.

Finished undersealing around welded patches after MOT.

Cleaned out the water drains ready for winter and took it for a quick thrash down some local b roads just to make sure the new water seals had added 200bhp :D

fairly standard day with the cars. no big mods planned for this year, the new car was downsizing and lowering costs from my last one that just got sold :(

I'm happy with mine without going crazy, wanted a bit more noise and that was about it! Stock diff does me for a bit of rearward action :D

Taking a look at the Horsham Developments website - look pretty good, may have to make the trip :(

Having been to Abbey, I'd choose Jez over Abbey.

I always have and do mod. I prefer mechanical diffs :)

I do a few track days too, so a bit of upgraded braking / handling mods always come in handy :)

Swapped out the bulbs in the S2000.

Only need to jack it, axle stand it, remove wheels and remove arch liners to do it. Just need to order 5 new plastic clips to replace the brittle old ones which broke on removal.

PITA.

New exhaust backbox ordered via Cotswold member discount. Should be here from Germany next week. Figured I'd take the opportunity to fit the twin exit box instead of having the flange enlarged to snugly fit the diffuser gap again, the stock peashooter pipe really is terrible lol. Should look (and sound) better by quite a bit I guess.

Last edited:
Dismantled and rebuilt the windscreen motor on my astra today at lunch time, the wipers would stop about halve way all the time, and never settle back in the parked position. Works like a dream now. One problem down, loads to go.

Keeps starting in limp mode of some sorts, no throttle at all. Diagnostic tool dose not give any errors but dose clear the fault. Been told maybe cam sensor. will do next week.

Need to clear out and clean breather pipes, pressure is cousin oil leaks. Sump seals all got done the other day, so at least its not as big a leak as it was.
One day ill get my car running fine, i hope.

New exhaust backbox ordered via Cotswold member discount. Should be here from Germany next week. Figured I'd take the opportunity to fit the twin exit box instead of having the flange enlarged to snugly fit the diffuser gap again, the stock peashooter pipe really is terrible lol. Should look (and sound) better by quite a bit I guess.

What was up with the existing one, didn't sound broken last week?

Stripped and cleaned/greased all 4 calipers today plus new rear pads. Thankfully cured my infernal squeak that seemed to be (ironically) coming from the anti squeal covers for the front pads.

One of the rears seems to have been sticking too but oddly I found no problem.with the piston, seals or general workings. Looks like Honda's fantastic callipers will have struck again. Also discovered that the caliper bolts on the front are bizarelly a bit smaller than the rear....thanks Honda.

Took the chance to clean the insides of all 4 wheels whilst they were off....kind of wish I hadn't now as the consistent brown/black ness is possibly better than a mostly clean wheel with impossible to remove bits!

MOT on Tuesday gave advisory that it was corroding so I got new one ordered: p

Sounds fair.

Took the chance to clean the insides of all 4 wheels whilst they were off....kind of wish I hadn't now as the consistent brown/black ness is possibly better than a mostly clean wheel with impossible to remove bits!

And there's always that one little spot in between spokes that you can never quite reach!!

Changed a tail/brake bulb on the Mrs' Aygo. Discovered yet more water, so will have to strip the car again next weekend to see where it's coming in this time!

Decided to take advantage of what is probably the last of the decent weather and drive up my local mountain. The roads where almost empty but very narrow and rocky in places, so it was 50% hooning, 50% driving round corners at 2MPH :p

There's a deserted communications base at the top which would be a brilliant location for car photos but I wouldn't fancy taking anything larger/more valuable than my MR2 up there.

15800338041_367f0e7056_b.jpg

15616799898_6abfa6cd18_b.jpg

15616995987_dc54bdac0e_b.jpg

15617328960_3fa84dede3_b.jpg

15802166825_683b869994_b.jpg

MOT and service on the Grande Punto yesterday.
Passed but a few advisories;
Chipped screen which I knew about
N/S ARB drop link has slight play, did the O/S last year and have the N/S to fit
Tyres near legal limit... which is bull, my digital callipers have them at 4mm
Slight leak from gearbox
Slight coolant leak
Back box outer skin corroded

My wife heard the list and was ready to weigh it in :rolleyes:

Still, having a poke around the Abarth 500's I should have taken the opportunity to talk her into one of them :p

I really enjoyed my Abarth, threw a lot of money at it to get it at circa 200bhp. It was a great sounding little car which went well and still did 40mpg. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom