What have you done to your car today?

[TW]Fox;27269178 said:
More infoz needed.

Fox/Wolfrace from Halfords yeah?

Your all close, lol.

Nah, picked up a set of staggered 3SDM 0.06's for the e46. Nothing exciting happening on the F11 front.

It's a set of these:
** No hotlinked images **

Couldn't find a better side on than this on a touring :
** No hotlinked images **

Something a little different, and have a lovely concave look at the rear. Need to give them a good clean, and get some rear tyres sorted for them, but they were cheap enough to be worth buying anyway IMO. Will sort out pics once they are on.

Also got my head unit back from the old dear, and the carbon cubed trim to fit. And will be feeding the leather in it today I think.

Last edited:
Nice wheels! How much were they?

Well, I thought they were cheap enough at £350. Front tyres have some life left, rears are well and truly shot though.

[TW]Fox;27270264 said:
You had me going for a bit there.

Show us the wheels you really bought now :p

Ha ha. Obviously I knew they would go against the usual OEM look, and therefore wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I was (and still am a little) considering a set of MV3's for the e46. But these were a decent enough price that I won't likely lose any coin to try them. And the MV3's apparently don't fit the e46 too well.

Of course, they need a good clean before I can decide if they need a refurb (I don't think they do really, although there are a couple of bits where the lacquer is getting dodgy).

Anyway, here is a pic as proof, lol...

I quite like my standard MV2's personally, why not stick with a set of those or normal MV's which i guess are the oem wheel for the sports in your year?

I quite like my standard MV2's personally, why not stick with a set of those or normal MV's which i guess are the oem wheel for the sports in your year?

I quite like MV2's also actually. Couldn't find a set locally for cheap enough. As for the MV1's, my car isn't a sport anyway, and I am not really a huge fan of those.

I'm not a huge fan of those wheels but if xs2man likes them then that's all that matters, sod what others think. :)

I'm not a HUGE fan either. I much prefer the 0.01's I had on my e91. But they are far from the worst wheel I could have bought. Were a reasonable price where I doubt I'd lose any money on them. And like you say, sod what anyone else thinks. I clearly don't care about that at all, as I have spent the last year or so on here proclaiming my dislike for 330i's and then went and bought one. And these wheels for it.

Looks better than the usual fake BBS you seem to see knocking about, I don't think they look too bad tbh.

This too. I didn't really expand on my view of them. They aren't something I'd seek out specifically but if they came up at a decent price I'd be temped to buy if I wanted to change from some stock alloys, they look ok and do seem to go ok on the e46s shown above.

Mind you, I have zero taste in alloys as I purposefully went out and got some 5 spoke alloys for my mk2 Golf instead of the more normal BBS style. I also opted for plastidip painting them in red, much to the disappointment of many on here. :D

Stripped the rear to try and find a very very annoying vibration. I've tried to find, and failed, twice now. Third time lucky I hope as it's driving me insane.

IMG_1989_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom