What have you done to your car today?

Quick look around the front of the engine bay and I found the source of the water leak I've had since Wednesday. Leak from where EGR thermostat is mounted to the EGR cooler where an old o-ring has perished so a nice cheap fix for that.

I've got a week off so hopefully I can finally get a wheel alignment done. I was also thinking about adding an aux input to the car as well for a (very) small project this week. I'd like a Dynavin N6, but I cannot justify £600 for one currently, not at this time of year anyway :p

I prefer the silver. That steering wheel looks huge and thin - is it from a bus?

It's an SE, so poverty spec wheel.

It's actually the Sport wheel (As opposed to the better M-Tech one), which is an upgraded option over the regular SE steering which really does look like a bus wheel.

I think it ended up becoming standard at some point in the E46's life, at least on the better engined models anyway.

Here's the boggo one:

http://static.schmiedmann.dk/ProductPictures/image_20422_big.jpg

Today ive swapped my wheels to the winter set on mine and the Mrs car, now I can feels safe in the knowledge that doing this will hold the snow and ice at bay :)

Hawker

haha, snow and ice :D

29th November, was 16c today :D

The winters are on the GF's Mini are looking as worthless as they were last winter at this rate.

New fuel pump relay, new low pressure fuel pump, new fuel pump control module.... Not had the bill yet, but least the cars working again, quite a shock driving it after spending a week in a 60ps polo with a 1/3rd of the engine displacement, half the cylinders and a 1/5th of the power.

[TW]Fox;27281515 said:
haha, snow and ice :D

29th November, was 16c today :D

The winters are on the GF's Mini are looking as worthless as they were last winter at this rate.

Lol I knew youd say something like that...you can thank me in April when weve had a mild winter ;), im sure its like carrying an umbrella - never rains.

Stripped the front down a bit to find out what damage my car park friend done to it.

Thankfully the way Honda put the light and its brackets together means that even though there's a tiny bit of damage to the actual unit I think I can get it looking spot on with new mounting brackets and maybe a couple of shims.

Managed to find a new "H" for the front at far less than the £60 Honda wanted too.

edit - the crash bar isn't damaged, must be the way the dirt is sitting on it

Last edited:
Today ive swapped my wheels to the winter set on mine and the Mrs car, now I can feels safe in the knowledge that doing this will hold the snow and ice at bay :)

Hawker

Thanks for that - I was going to put mine on yesterday but as it was such a nice day I polished car instead - It's booked onto drive next weekend now but knowing my luck we will have 6" of snow by then.

Dave

Found why the car wouldn't start...

IMG_20141128_162338_Small.jpg

IMG_20141128_162530_Small.jpg

IMG_20141128_170221_Small.jpg

IMG_20141128_170240_Small.jpg

IMG_20141128_170438_Small.jpg

IMG_20141128_171326_Small.jpg

2 bent valves, 2 snapped valves, 12mm munched off the top of the piston and a broken rocker. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom