What have you done to your car today?

To any fans of my ever reliable and well travelled MR2, I'm sorry to report that it's been stolen, crashed and burnt out :(

Absolutely gutted, both at myself for not taking enough care of the keys, and at the people who took it. I doubt I'll ever own another car which which was so fun, cheap and reliable.

Ouch, sorry to hear that :(

GT86 is back in with the dealer for the 12th time for warranty work, already building a list of things that need sorting for booking number #13. Seen some shocking customer service from this franchised dealer.

I had read they're not great cars - thinking of changing it already?

The car is fantastic (and I love the clock ;) ) but the dealer network down here is appalling, take it in for the satnav to be replaced due to the unit freezing and it takes 4 sessions because they either can't find a fault or "forget" to order the part.

For a brand new car it's had the following replaced:
Gearbox, battery, door seals, door pillars, satnav module, headunit, rear light cluster.

Adjustments made to:
Gearbox, alternator checks (battery), software updates for satnav/headunit, boot lock.

I love the car so much to drive, but the 5 year warranty is a joke. I'd rather take it to a garage that actually listens and gets a feel for what is wrong with the car instead of having to book it in with a receptionist who doesn't know much technically who hands it over to someone that only reads fault codes.

I only do 6k miles a year now so changing it for something else isn't worth it, otherwise the new Mustang would have been up there.

Your next challenge should be retrofitting climate control from a Vectra :cool:

I was going to I even retrofitted aircon, but had to rip it out when fitting the saab engine :(

Do you like the sump on my VW?
KjjFtrm.jpg
It isn't meant to be that shape exactly... But it didnt crack. 5K miles later the oil is still in the engine, though it now holds slightly less... :p

Damn :D it's the alloy ones that crack though! Steel bends much better lol.

I did this mod the other day after a lovely motorist ran a red light and crossed my path.

10931325_10152932295890189_6534366507134477538_n.jpg

Ouch, sorry to hear that :(

Well that's just crap.

I'd love to be able to trust a turbo to run every day still

Thanks :( I'll definitely own a turbo at some point in the future - a friend of mine has a very sheddy but mechanically sound one, and I was hooked after about 30 seconds of driving it. I'll be sticking with just the Jag until I'm 21 though, don't have the time or inclination to buy another second car right now.

Ran it out of ****ing fuel. :mad:

£24 in the jerry can (20L jobby) 1 mile walk.
Almost melted the starter motor getting it running. Praise the lord for my expensive battery!

then another £108 on top of that when I got it to the petrol station..
Check mileage.. 428.3
jawdrop_zpsuez395nf.gif

2015-01-20190341_zps54cce8f0.png

*cries

Back
Top Bottom