What have you done to your car today?

Went out with the intention of changing my front speakers as one is making a weird noise and can't get into the car :( . Stupid weather has frozen my doors shut and it feels like the handle will break before the ice does when I try pull it open. The problem is that it's not even very cold here yet, so I'm going to be screwed when winter actually arrives.
I have read that rubbing alcohol/dw40/something similar may stop it when I eventually get it.

Use Gummi Pflege on all of the seals and spray a lithium or silicone-based lubricant over the mechanisms and into the locks. That should see you sorted :)

Do not use WD40 or Vaseline :)

Sometimes, if it's been damp and wet a few days before, it's hard to avoid though. Some warm water liberally applied to the door may well do the job to unstick it :)

Hmm getting a headache and feeling nauseous after driving the S-Max even for only 15 minutes. Car is performing fine and not doing anything bizarre so my assumption is that there must be some kind of exhaust leak somewhere. Not good, haven't seen anything immediately obvious from my own observations though :(

Removed a rattle from behind the dash;

CE143A84-FA20-4E91-B464-632BB7EF2515.jpg

And fitted some different heater knobs. Pretty good for £6 and look better than the stock ones!

5A2CAB52-1DD5-4065-804C-01E38536DD39.jpg

Replaced the starter with one which turns faster than the rotation of the earth, and compression tested it. 120 on all 4, 135 wet. That'll be junk then.

When you said you had a line level converter behind your dash Phil, I didn't think you meant THAT! lol!

Been messing with this a bit today, checking all hoses are tight and split free.

xoverdelfitted.jpg

Custom remap next weekend so should be quite pokey then for what it is :)

Ouch!!

What car?

Ouch indeed, as below, a mk3 astra, with lots of lows!

A mk3 astra with lol bhp, hopefully it's just taken a superficial dunt!

I checked it today while on the ramp, I am amazed it didn't crack!

IMG_20150118_123902.jpg

Today I fitted 2 new lower wishbones, the rear bushes had almost fallen apart :o Never EVER putting pattern parts on my car again! So got a pair of genuine vaux ones on there now. Also put it on the hunter and sorted out the front alignment, it dives different altogether now, very happy!

Gave it a wash as I got home as it was ditched.

IMG_20150118_134444.jpg

IMG_20150118_164104.jpg

Next job is sorting out fitting the Saxo electric PAS pump.

Looks like VX sumps are stronger than VW sumps then, mine left the contents of it's entire oil pan behind when the old dear hit an exhaust box in the road.
All I can say is thank **** she stopped when all the lights on the dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

Back
Top Bottom