What have you done to your car today?

Speaking of wipers, I coated my windscreen with GTechniq G1 Glass Sealant (bought this kit http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1322 and used all the products systematically) and it's honestly the best thing since sliced bread.

I've tried RainX before and it never was much cop when you used the wipers at lower speeds but with the G1, at speeds above about 40mph the water sheets straight off, you don't need to use the wipers at all. At lower speeds the wipers are silky smooth with no juddering or smearing.

I applied it a month or so ago and it's handling all this nasty frosty salty weather just fine no deterioration to speak of - they claim it lasts for 2 years but I'm a little skeptical..! But as long as you follow the application procedure as directed, it's fantastic.

I have had G1 on for about 6 months now. No change in beading and the water flies off above 30mph. Cracking stuff for £10. I just used that on the windscreen and then used H2GO on everything else.

Removed my Vanos solenoid, cleaned thoroughly and checked the solder joints on the PCB, bit of a mare to open the solenoid but worth it for peace of mind.

It seems my Vanos is a much newer unit with excellent quality PCB and soldering :D

What in god's name is going on with that dashboard?! Sort it out please.

How many applications do you think you could get out of the kit? Have had decent success with RainX in the past but always willing to try new stuff.

The G1 only comes in a little bottle and I used about a third of it doing my windscreen and side windows, so I'd say 2 to 3 applications :)

Tempted to try some H2GO on the other windows.

Try harder by unplugging them all and throwing them out of the window!

Or run the useful ones down... get rid of the ipod cable as you have an aux anyway, stop letting your friends play their crappy music in your car! :p

I don't play music when I'm driving alone, and when I have people in the car I put them in charge of the music. Girlfriend likes to charge her iPhone and play music from it at the same time, my friends use the aux for their Android phones, and I use the micro USB to charge my phone or to plug it in when I use it as a satnav. :)

It is far less hassle to leave them plugged in. :p

Last edited:
I'm a neat freak so all that crap stays in the glovebox until my passenger wishes to connect something via any means :p

This. I feel uncomfortable if the ash tray is open (needed for the lighter socket), let alone with cables all over the place!

The G1 only comes in a little bottle and I used about a third of it doing my windscreen and side windows, so I'd say 2 to 3 applications :)

Thanks for the info :) will make dad go halves on it with me then to do both of our cars, makes it nice and cheap :p

I do wish I could shut the ash tray and have the cable coming out, but alas, even with the stubbiest usb adapter and usb cable combination, it would not happen.

I am happier with it as it is now. :p

The convenience of having everything ready to go outweighs the visual aspect of it.

I would probably be a little different if my interior was something worth looking at. :p

Back
Top Bottom