What have you done to your car today?

Fuse is blown on my headlight washers, probably been that way for a while because I've never noticed them actually working. Will have to get a replacement tomorrow, hopefully it's just the fuse and not anything more costly.

Gutted the interior yesterday, and removed the back seats and mats ready for the wet vac treatment. Car's at the garage today getting an interim service, near brake back plate and a general check over :)

Also if you think they're a pig, try doing the passenger side dipped beam on a mk3 MX-5! Fuse box is in the way so the only solution is to jack the car up, take off the front nearside wheel, detach the arch liner, then do everything by touch. Several hours to replace, most of which was spent swearing.

Edit:

xvAF9yB.jpg

Remind me never to buy a Mazda :D

I recently bought one of these for charging usb devices in car, 3A over 2 sockets so more than enough. I ran mine into the glove box so can keep devices charged while not in the car. And no more stupid ciggy lighter adapters that either break, fall out constantly, short out the fuse or illuminate the cars interior with a stupid blue light.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-to-5v...=5b56dd8038d943448047b7875aae5e9e&pid=100102&

Simply crimp the wires to the wires connected to the ciggy lighter socket, no problems and charges my phone quickly.

On the subject of USB chargers, I got a new one today. It's a box with 5 USB ports, 3 of which are 1 amp ports and 2 of which are 2.4 amp ports. All 5 ports can operate at the same time and it can deliver the full 7.8 amps.

It connects to the lighter socket via a plug in cable but I have since lopped the plug off and spliced it into the lighter socket wiring (with a fuse obviously). Even with the box delivering a full 7.8 amps of USB power it should be pulling a max of around 4 amps off the lighter socket which isn't so bad.

Here's the box before I neatened up the wiring and put the box in the glove box:

Itdmicwl.jpg

Last edited:
On the subject of USB chargers, I got a new one today. It's a box with 5 USB ports, 3 of which are 1 amp ports and 2 of which are 2.4 amp ports. All 5 ports can operate at the same time and it can deliver the full 7.8 amps.

It connects to the lighter socket via a plug in cable but I have since lopped the plug off and spliced it into the lighter socket wiring (with a fuse obviously). Even with the box delivering a full 7.8 amps of USB power it should be pulling a max of around 4 amps off the lighter socket which isn't so bad.

Here's the box before I neatened up the wiring and put the box in the glove box:

Itdmicwl.jpg

Any more pictures of your dash with the double din fitted? I've often wondered about doing it myself but the ac controls sticking out put me off a bit

Any more pictures of your dash with the double din fitted? I've often wondered about doing it myself but the ac controls sticking out put me off a bit

Not to hand but I'll snap a couple for you tomorrow. Mine's an E90, what do you have? The fascia plate I've got for it isn't too bad really but then I ripped the stock HU out within a few days of having the car so I'm used to it :)

Changed the front discs and pads on the wife's Fiat 500 on Tuesday night.

20k miles and the pads were done, the discs with a massive lip on them. Made of cheese it seems. Tried to blame the wife for her driving style, but apparently 20k miles life seems to be common on the 500s after some reading on forums.

Replaced with Pagid discs and pads for the pricey sum of... £45! Plus cashback :D Don't think I have ever had brakes so cheap.. could have gone cheaper with Eicher but don't trust the brand.

All done in little over an hour. Nice cheap and easy job.

Back
Top Bottom