What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Anyone kind enough to answer my question? Do you think there is enough rubber on the old tyres to last a track day?

Want to know so I know if to take them home or leave them with the garage to deal with.

Cheers

Soldato
Yeah I would buy some extra cheapo alloys for them and only use them on the track.

Mrs as asked me what I want for valentines day, might have to get a track day out of her :)

Associate
Let a garage pick my car up from base and replace the rear trailing arm then do a 4 wheel alignment after a kerb got in my way in the snow. £250 as the trailing arm is from a breakers.

Next up:
Get all 4 wheels refurbed
Get it detailed

Soldato
OP
As he tends to dump cars after 6 months (and it's going on a sheddy Rover) then actually fitting some tyres with good grip and decent wear rates is probably a waste of money.

Awesome logic you have there. So despite the car sharing most suspension parts with the Civic / Integra you'd put cheaper tyres on because of a badge?
Then not forgetting the ZS suspension setup allows for quicker cornering than a Civic (pretty hard) so more grip is likely needed.

Makes perfect sense... :p

Soldato
Awesome logic you have there. So despite the car sharing most suspension parts with the Civic / Integra you'd put cheaper tyres on because of a badge?
Then not forgetting the ZS suspension setup allows for quicker cornering than a Civic (pretty hard) so more grip is likely needed.

So why were you looking at fitting Nangkangs? :confused:

Also, whilst replying, could we have a picture of the HID's in reflectors, I am sure everyone would like to see them :)

Soldato
I have failed to get my tyres fitted today.... dropped into 1 garage and they said £30 to fit each tyre.

£60 for 10mins work. Ha... (just wanted to get 2 fitted, with car being on stands)

The gay mobile will getting used for another day.

Soldato
Also, whilst replying, could we have a picture of the HID's in reflectors, I am sure everyone would like to see them :)

just close your eyes. the last car you saw with hids on reflectors is likely to still be burned onto the back of your retinas. true story

Permabanned
I have failed to get my tyres fitted today.... dropped into 1 garage and they said £30 to fit each tyre.

£60 for 10mins work. Ha... (just wanted to get 2 fitted, with car being on stands)

The gay mobile will getting used for another day.

£30 for each tyre ?
surely its £10 max to change tyre, balance and old tyre disposal ?

Soldato
Welding in these:
IMG_24351.jpg

For this:
IMG_24321.jpg

Caporegime

with or without the Nankangs?

FOR SALE 2001 ROVER MG ZS HONDA BMW

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Went out Derby way last night & picked up a Full set of Adjustable Konis C/W 40mm Lowering springs/shocks.

Using the 5 loads lately & still loving it, Got the above to lose the 4x4 stance. :p

Back
Top Bottom