What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Awesome logic you have there. So despite the car sharing most suspension parts with the Civic / Integra you'd put cheaper tyres on because of a badge?
Then not forgetting the ZS suspension setup allows for quicker cornering than a Civic (pretty hard) so more grip is likely needed.

Makes perfect sense... :p

If you'd read the rest of my post you would have seen that I'd actually used some nankang's and grip was fairly good at the expense of a very high wear rate. So they make sense on a car that will be dumped after 6 months.

Soldato
OP
If you'd read the rest of my post you would have seen that I'd actually used some nankang's and grip was fairly good at the expense of a very high wear rate. So they make sense on a car that will be dumped after 6 months.

Fair enough :)

I'm doing about 24k a year so need something that'll take some wear.
Hopefully keeping the car for a good while - I've got a hefty tax bill to shift and running this is helping.

Seems OK for now, anyway :p

Soldato
Popped out to shops, took long way home in attempt to experience new firepower. Car won't put power down due freezing temps. Sucks to be me

Soldato
I have failed to get my tyres fitted today.... dropped into 1 garage and they said £30 to fit each tyre.

Anyway, when i made this post i got a call 10 minutes later and got told to bring my car down to a garage to get them fitted for £20.

Now i had the new tyres fitted i thought it would be best to clean the alloys up as they was looking a bit worse for wear with the gritty roads and just having some tyres fitted, so they was pretty scratched up.

FAD99517-696F-4C9E-A2BC-16402E78F7C3-618-000000E846A23ABE_zps96e6b868.jpg

11pm in my conservatory i sanded them both down a little and retouched them up with some layers of paint:

34168C6F-DB85-48B9-810A-0E9F082ABD1D-1084-000001C38F58AF01_zps9649198e.jpg

Back to looking mint, jobs a good n! :)

Just need the fronts doing now...

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Not today but for Saturday.

Car:-
Scorpio Cosworth.

To be fitted:-
New front and rear shocks.
H&R -30mm lowering springs.
New drop links.
Powerflex anti roll bar bushes.
Resonator box silicone bypass pipe

Other tasks:-
Paint anti roll bar
Refit undertray post radiator replacement.
Refit rear arch liners.

Bought recently:-

Drivers side rear arch repair panel.
Both outer sills.

Work for the summer:-

Fit and paint the above.
General service - pollen filters, change plugs + leads, oil and filter change. Clean K+N air filter.
Give the wheels a bloody good clean!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Fitted:
Component rear speakers
Front wishbones with bushes & ball joints
Tie Rods
Rear control arm bushes
HT Leads, Spark plugs, Rotor arm and dizzy cap
Lowering springs

To my 2.6 190e (now on 180k)

Caporegime
Nailed it out of a corner of a T-junction causing the traction control light to come up and then it stayed on and it reported that it had failed and to 'contact service' oops! :p

OcUK Staff
Just changing oil and filter on 911, it's currently draining.
Then to clean the maf sensor and element filter.

Then to give car a good cleaning inside and out. :)

Associate
Took for a service this morning, usual stuff + brake fluid change. Replaced 2 front tyres with Pirelli P Zero Neros and had laser wheel alignment done. Replaced wipers with new valeo silencio flat blades. Came home and gave it a good wash for the first time since early December. Need to clean inside too but after a busy day, think I'll save that for tomorrow when I'm hungover.

Back
Top Bottom