What have you done to your car today?

Will clean it I think, bought some of this cheap Astonish wheel cleaner, cost £1 so if it works then happy days.
Later will be fitting a HEL clutch line.

Have been doing some more refurb work on the contours, got bored of that pretty quick though.

i was looking to do a temporary cheat with my big sunflowers and blow some silver plastidip over them to make them look less scabby

Mum borrowed car yesterday whilst I was at work, picked me up with window half down which I thought strange as it was rather cold. Turns out it was stuck there and putting it up any further meant it came way of the runners.

Had to park it right up next to the house last night and climb out of the passenger side so that nobody could reach in and unlock the doors, then took it to dads today to see if we could fix it.

20130216_123818.jpg

Getting the door card off was pretty easy, undid two screw and then just slid a panel tool underneath and popped off the plastic clips that held it in place, disconnected the tweeter, window controls and mirror controls then it came loose.

After much swearing and trying to disconnect the central locking cables, they just wouldn't budge, so time to improvise. We moved the central panel out as much as possible to take a look, then found a small issue on the plastic bracket that holds the glass.

20130216_132520.jpg

As well as not looking at its best, the right had bolt had come off but was laying in the bottom of the door luckily. Retrieved that, screwed it in, job seemed well and truly jobbed. reconnected the switched, anchored the metal bar in place to the center plastics, it still wanted to come away when rising up.

It appeared that the front of the window was being resisted somehow, so we had a closer look and somehow the metal surrounding the runners had bent massively inwards causing large friction. Take off the wing mirror:

20130216_142156.jpg

Then put some pliers in, bend it back into shape, hey presto it works :D

Gave it a good hoover and outside a clean, dad then realized some dozy bint had dragged her bag across my bonnet and scratched it quite badly, so add that to the list of panels that need to be resprayed! Called it a day after all of that lol.

Back
Top Bottom