What have you done to your car today?

Made a really crap attempt at washing it.

Been there, felt that. I don't even bother anymore, just throw money at the valet guys near my place every now and again who do a far better job. I'm beyond incompetent at washing cars :/

I wonder how the guys on here who are into car detailing get into it, anyone?

Last edited:
Not today but last week we killed a boxster - water pump failed ;)

16451444176_d7dbe2f0fa_z.jpg

Took a set of Aero alloys to the garage round the corner to have the tyres removed. I'll then go about refurbing the alloys myself so that the car looks a bit smarter and I'll stop hating it for approximately 4 minutes. Then I'll realise it's a Saab again and the hate will continue.

PAS pump went on the E46 last year, they replaced with a refurbished one and it made harsh noises at low speeds and vibrated like buggery.

After changing the reservoir and it not fixing the issue, yesterday they changed the pump again and now it's perfect.

Next on the ongoing list is to replace the drivers side fog lamp, re trim the leather steering wheel and order a new gear knob to freshen up the interior. Also, the front BMW badge is peeling off, so the perfectionist within me needs to change that :)

Took a set of Aero alloys to the garage round the corner to have the tyres removed. I'll then go about refurbing the alloys myself so that the car looks a bit smarter and I'll stop hating it for approximately 4 minutes. Then I'll realise it's a Saab again and the hate will continue.

Yeah, i hate it too :p

Wife's car wouldn't start this morning. I had a look tonight, and thought the battery was done. Re-checked the negative connection and heard some clicks... simply turned out it had worked itself slightly loose. Even though it wouldn't move when trying to turn it, the connection wasn't good enough, had to really tighten it back up.

Simply things.

Last weekend: I fitted new brake pads and shoes all round. Soon I'll be fitting a new front pipe and door handle, and getting it inspected.

I have a new PCV valve and breather here for the FN2 that i'll stick on it later on - makes a really stupid scratching noise that I discovered disappears just by squeezing the hose.

£40 fix, happy days

Aaaaand I collected the S-Max today.

Really happy with it, only bad news is that there isn't the Blufin installed - it hasn't turned up and will be coming on Tuesday next week.

I'm doing a fair few hundred miles between now and then, so it will be interesting to see the difference :)

I have a new PCV valve and breather here for the FN2 that i'll stick on it later on - makes a really stupid scratching noise that I discovered disappears just by squeezing the hose.

£40 fix, happy days

This ended up being a minor pain in the arse due to the space the stupid little thing inhabits - didn't help one of the clamps being upside down jammed against the alternator. Anyway no scratchy noises now

Back
Top Bottom