What have you done to your car today?

They dim when the sidelights come on, nothing else - although I leave the lights on auto so it's either sides, dipped or nothing.

It's a 4.6, so reasonably rare, it's not the best example externally, though. The DRLs are fitted to the towing eye covers and only those were modified (drilled), so easily replaced should I want to get rid.

I intend on this being my main vehicle until the day it's ready to be buried, though - assuming no hike in my annual average of 6K, of course.

2012 S-Max Titanium X Sport. 2.2 TDCi 200PS engine with the power shift (Yo) gearbox. 15,000 miles, 1 previous owner, etc etc.

Just remember it has a high centre of gravity so while the extra oomph is fun in a straight line take it easy on the corners. Other than that it sounds like a good buy!

Just remember it has a high centre of gravity so while the extra oomph is fun in a straight line take it easy on the corners. Other than that it sounds like a good buy!

You would be pleasantly surprised with these. They drive far more like a car than an MPV.

That said, while the drive is good, I'm no fool to think it will be like my s2000 with a bit more torque. Equally I doubt I'll be aiming for the apex with my 14 month old in the back and my dog flying round the boot!

Changed the wideband lambda sensor after getting codes relating to the heater circuit. Seems to be easier to get lean burn too as suspected as my OBD2 reader is giving much clear AFR readouts. Only seeing 21.4 AFR at the minute during lean probably due to cooler air temps.

Managed to get one for $115 from the states for the NTK proper part rather than £280 from Honda UK :D

Conanius, from my understanding the S-Max has always been consider a pretty good steer for the more enthusiastic Dads anyway :cool:

You would be pleasantly surprised with these. They drive far more like a car than an MPV.

Agreed, I've got a 2.0 TDCi (well, wife has) and despite it being massive and a 2 litre diesel it's actually pretty good fun to drive. Of course in 2.0 flavour it's hardly a speed demon but speed isn't the reason for getting an S-Max in the first place.

I expected it to feel closer to driving a van than anything but it does just feel like a regular car which is quite impressive really.

We had a Galaxy as a courtesy car while I was getting some bits done on the S-Max and although it was an older model that really did feel like driving a van.

Just swapped the interior bulbs for LEDs. Happy with the front ones, not so much with the rear centre one which is a bit dim and blue-ish so I've ordered some different ones from DX.com that will hopefully be better.

Conanius, from my understanding the S-Max has always been consider a pretty good steer for the more enthusiastic Dads anyway :cool:

I think its one of those things where, OK - its a functional family car, but that doesn't mean you can't have zero driving dynamics.

I presume the rest of the post was about your insight. How many miles has that done now?

Bought control arms/wishbones, tie rods, arb bushes and droplinks for a wee refresh up front.

Same here.
You fitted them yet? Do you notice a differnece?

I have a set of Clio Sport Cup wishbones with Powerflex Bushes, ball joints, ARB Powerflex bushes and Track ends to go on mine next week

First MOT under my ownership, all was good except one of the rear electronically controlled DCC dampers has a very slight leak, can't find an oem part in the aftermarket, looks like VW supply only, they want around £250 each, could be worse.

Four new Conti SportContact 5s. Decent service from the garage too, while I waited they came and asked if I was sure I wanted to replace all four because three still looked fine. Also checked brakes, oil etc and all was okay.

Car certainly felt a lot a lot better on the way home, and less road noise too.

Four new Conti SportContact 5s. Decent service from the garage too, while I waited they came and asked if I was sure I wanted to replace all four because three still looked fine. Also checked brakes, oil etc and all was okay.

Car certainly felt a lot a lot better on the way home, and less road noise too.

hmm, I need new tyres, what car was these fitted to?

Back
Top Bottom