What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Met a Paintless dent removal guy today, he got rid of the crease/dent near the real light and got rid of about 8 other little car park dings around the car.

No more dents :)

Cost me £80. He has done a really good job to.

If anyone needs some dents removed and lives in or around Sheffield/Rotherham/Worksop/Donny area, ring Alan on 07830197769.

Soldato
Just replaced my rear windscreen wiper on my 206..it's over 5 and half years old and the rubber was coming away from the arm...going to replace the two front wipers as well as they're not brilliant, they're also as old as the vehicle - around 5 and a half years old.

Associate
had gocool.co.uk come and look at the aircon on my LS430 as I knew it had a leak to the rear of the car.

He came, he inspected, he cut out the dodgy ally pipe, fitted some new ally and he fixed - result.

I've had no aircon on my lexus since july 2011 and now it works in the front and rear, aswell as for the rear cooler box :)

Soldato
Layed in the rain fitting my rear mud flaps, They are the moulded ones & look superb, Still to fit the fronts but I need to pick up some more nuts/bolts.

props to you for working in the wet, I can't stand it personally. I've got a valve cover gasket to fit, an n249 to bypass and remove with some new vacuum tube, and a door switch wire to repair. None of this will be done in wet conditions, because I am a ponce!

WP_000296.jpg

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
props to you for working in the wet, I can't stand it personally.

It's only because I have my teenage buzz for motors back. :o
I'd lay under my motor in any weather when young but gave all that up years ago. My 5 is under my skin though & has give me that same buzz I used to get back in the day so I'm quite happy out on my drive messing & tweaking no matter what the weather is. :p

Soldato
It's only because I have my teenage buzz for motors back. :o
I'd lay under my motor in any weather when young but gave all that up years ago. My 5 is under my skin though & has give me that same buzz I used to get back in the day so I'm quite happy out on my drive messing & tweaking no matter what the weather is. :p

Ive been a raging emo, for no reason, for the past couple days, regarding cars. went out with my brother for a chat/moan lastnight and i had come to the conclusion that there was no point buying posh springs/dampers for teh M3 because i only do a few hundred miles a month, i could put the money into nicer house things blah blah blah

so no, not feeling much car goodness here

Soldato
Ive been a raging emo, for no reason, for the past couple days, regarding cars. went out with my brother for a chat/moan lastnight and i had come to the conclusion that there was no point buying posh springs/dampers for teh M3 because i only do a few hundred miles a month, i could put the money into nicer house things blah blah blah

so no, not feeling much car goodness here

But the miles you do would be so much funner, more enjoyable than a posh coffee table or set of blinds :p

Soldato
WTF? You replace all the bushes and ball joints as part of a 'refresh' but leave the most important (by far) piece undone. Makes no sense at all, to me it amounts to wasting a load of cash on some things which you can't see nor truly appreciate.

Soldato
Got two Michelin pilot exatlos on the front after a year out the old set and doing about 17k, not bad I thought.

Tracking done at the same time and tested it up to 115 for any sort of vibration. Thankfully it's all sweet again.

Refitted the inner wheel arch cover for the fuel filler pipe once my trim clips arrived. A 90s Nissan trying to save weight all by itself - love the japs.

Soldato
WTF? You replace all the bushes and ball joints as part of a 'refresh' but leave the most important (by far) piece undone. Makes no sense at all, to me it amounts to wasting a load of cash on some things which you can't see nor truly appreciate.

Are you serious or was there meant to be a punchline to your post? At what point has this car ever been subject to an open chequebook or infinite spare time to actually get all the work done?

If you ever thought the car was actually finished you must be from a different planet

Soldato
Just finished changing the suspension from the Koni Yellow/chopped spring (front) and Koni Red/random springs (rear) setup that was on the car when I bought it.

Now running Koni Yellows all round with Pi springs. No more clunking from the chopped springs twisting in the cups. The car also feels much much better to drive and the front has dropped ~15mm lower and looks great.

I'll also be able to sell the old setup for what I paid for the new stuff too, free upgrade ftw!

Back
Top Bottom