What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
As soon I saw the photo of the front wing and wheel I thought "hang on, that's not a ZS"

When did this happen? And why did you decide to break the ZS? Did I miss a thread?

Soldato
A little, but mainly down to how much it was worth in bits.

At the end of the day if there's cash there, you gotta take it :)

Fair enough, but surely it would have been worth fixing and keeping if it was in the good condition like you said it was? Just seems like you actively look for Rovers with pre-existing issues, rather than decent examples in the first place? Yes we get that you like Rovers; each to their own and all that, so get a good one and stick with it :)

Associate
Fixed the boost leak on the Saab. Annoyingly it took me about a minute to find the problem this morning though I'm going to have to get a new jubilee clip to make sure the pipe doesn't pop again. If only I'd thought clearly yesterday rather than being stressed about it I would have been able to get on on track in the afternoon as well. I think a trip down to Blyton might be needed.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough, but surely it would have been worth fixing and keeping if it was in the good condition like you said it was? Just seems like you actively look for Rovers with pre-existing issues, rather than decent examples in the first place? Yes we get that you like Rovers; each to their own and all that, so get a good one and stick with it :)

It was a great car save for the engine, but likewise there's loads of tatty ZS owners looking for decent quality spares.

I always try and negotiate price based on issues, which I did rather well with the ZS. I guess with a new commute involving lots of traffic, it'd be better to have something both comfy but with a solid clutch system - ruling out a 75/ZT as the clutch hydraulics in those hate traffic. Yay for plastic parts.

Seems good enough for now, we shall see. :)

Soldato
Replaced my knackered windscreen wipers with some nice new ones on my E46.
Apparently there evo style, all I know is I prefer these to the old style, look a lot cleaner, modern and no metal bits to corrode.

t8DOIo0.jpg

RJC

RJC

Don
Always nice when that's out the way for another 30/40/50/60k miles

Indeed, luckily it's a company car and I spoke to the lease company who agreed to have it changed. The car has done 81k and is 5.5 years old, my dad is looking at buying it before it goes back so I am trying to get things done.

My old company had Vectra petrol models and each one went at around 80k miles!

Soldato
Got insurance with Greenlight. £590 - 1997 Celica GT. 28 y/o 5yrs NCB 6pts in 2009.

Churchill wanted over a grand - criminals!

Compulsory pic of my car

Celica1_zps2944d393.jpg

Wow, I've never seen this car before!!!

Soldato
Not a colour I'd touch in that size of car but there is something about them I like, can't explain what really as every non S Audi I've driven in the last 5 years or so has been average at best compared to the competition

Soldato
Wouldn't have been my first (or second) choice normally, but it looks great in the flesh

Im also getting the rear / side rear windows tinted

Its a darn site better than the lolvo V50 i have been driving recently :)

Back
Top Bottom