What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Bought a set of drop links from eBay convinced they were the cause of my knocking, to find this on the driver side!

Nj0cdHa.jpg

I had to go a bit ***** and saw it in half since my friend decided to see how long the thread was on my trolley jack was which resulted in a 6ft spurt of fluid from it's tank. Just lifted it one side at a time then slowly took the weight from underneath to re-align up the holes with the new links.

Car is super quiet again :D

Is it possible to buy new trolley jack fluid? or just buy a new one all together?

Soldato
Spotted the first bit of external rust on my Prelude :(

Just creeping out from under the windscreen edging on the A pillar. Don't think there's going to be a easy fix and there's certainly going to be more underneath.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a fun morning on track at Elvington until my Saab developed a boost leak so I called it a day. I'm not looking forward to tracking down which ever of the many pipes is leaking.

Until this the car was surprisingly good on track, enough grip to keep in touch with the slower stuff through the bends and noticeably quicker than a lot of the field on the straights. It seemed to help that I could get on the power and let the tc deal with any problems much quicker than most of the rwd stuff. I'm glad I had spare tyres though as I took 2mm off the fronts in only about 20 laps.

Soldato
OP
Fixed a few issues.

Cleaned up a sticky front caliper. Old:
neq001_zpsd217ee67.jpg

Cleaned:
neq002_zps1ddaa0a3.jpg

Front wing was badly dented, pulled it out with minimal damage:
60021_zps428f356b.jpg

Replaced the clutch fluid:
60018_zps5f212400.jpg

Gave the inside a quick clean:
60013_zps091dd9a7.jpg

Next weekend it's new brakes all around, and a rebuild of the rear calipers as they're looking pretty old. :)

Associate
Topped up the screen wash, clay'd the all the glass (not the paint work, saving that for a longer time slot). Gave the whole car an outside clean and applied two layers of wax (left 20 minutes to cure between polishing off). Took out all the rubbish and vacummed the inside. Wasn't getting great suction from our spare vac (henry) - will take it to a garage tomorrow and vacum again.

Associate
I put my car up for sale a week ago and my dad decided that he wanted to keep it for himself and give me his car in return to sell on to make some money.

So I put this up for sale:

imageuyw.jpg

I have ended up with this to sell:

imagecubv.jpg

imagehlrk.jpg

Soldato
On Friday the car had a full head rebuild, including: New camshaft oil seals, valve stem seals, inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets, head gasket, head skim, water pump, cam belt and tensioner/idlers, oil change, coolant change, thermostat. And new plugs.

Was a fair whack to have done but it was dropping oil at a ridiculous rate. It appears that the head gasket had been done before, as it had a gasket in there that he's not seen on an untouched engine, but the head hadn't been skimmed which is presumably why it was leaking so badly. Should be all sweet now.

She got her first wash, polish and wax of the year just before that as well:

file_zpsc6946109.jpg

I may have to keep my eyes peeled for a new door and boot as well as they both have quite nasty dents in them. There's been a few shades of silver though so it's a bit hard to find one and be sure it's right.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;23913298 said:
Is that ANOTHER new Rover?! Do any of them ever last more than 2 months? :p

It is indeed, a cheap 600 diesel I found on Autotrader.

Nice interior, decent Recaro half-leathers and 4 new tyres. I only went to view it with a friend, however upon inspection it was a really nice, solid and non-****ed feeling car.

I got offered a silly amount for all the bits on the ZS when I mentioned I may be breaking it, I'm quids in with 7,000 miles of motoring too. Altogether I'm due to come out with about £300 after what I paid for it.

It was just a case of finding something to replace it with before I could crack on with breaking it. It feels like a good move :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom