What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
NEW CLUTCH

I am a day late posting this as i had it done yesterday.

Hyundai Coupé 2.7l V6 with 58,000 miles. This is the first clutch in 20 years that i have had to get replaced and i have only had the car for about 8 months so i think the damage was done before i owned it. The clutch now feels silky smooth and a lot lighter than it was.

Here is a pic of the old clutch

58,000 miles out of the clutch? Must have been a car that spend all of it's life around town? Mine is original, and nearly double that :D

Soldato
When I was changing the rear suspension last weekend I noticed one of the rear trailing arm bushes was well past its best. With an MOT looming, I changed both yesterday for good measure. Wasn't as difficult as I was expecting. Just needed a massive hammer!

Today, got home from work at 4:30 and managed to squeeze in an oil change before the sun started to set.

Soldato
Filled the TT with V-Power rather than the usual '99. When applying some right boot she does feel more responsive with the Shell stuff. At least that's what I tell myself... :o

More 'testing' required on tomorrows outing to Bedford, I think. There I need to book a service, haldex oil change, thermostat replacement and perhaps get something nice done to my exhaust.

Here, have all my money!

Associate
When you say '99 do you mean the Tesco's stuff? My 200sx ran like a dog on it (due to the high ethanol content?) and got noticeably poorer mpg than normal super or even branded 95.

Soldato
Gave it a proper clean:
Washed it and then spent nearly 2hrs with the Tardis and some cloths getting rid of all the tar spots, paintwork looks perfect now apart from a small rust bubble I discovered emerging from the rear arch, shall be getting it booked into a body shop next month for sorting out :)

Also hoovered, degreased and dressed all the interior plastics and treated the leather.

Degreased and dressed all the engine bay too, also put some blue conduit hosing around most of the cables/hoses to tart it up a bit.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Nope not one single day has gone past since I've owned it where I haven't done at least one thing to it. I also spend loads of time on 3 MX5 forums & am either reading about them or chatting about them.
Not felt this about my car & motoring since a teenager so it's worth any money & time I spend on it. :p

Top Secret info is I even have a Tamiya kit I built so I have a 5 to mess with when I am indoors. :o

Associate
Booked my dear MX-5 in for some loving at the bodyshop. Failed it's MOT last week on two holes in the O/S sill. Decided to get both rear quarters etc sorted while it's there. Should be tip-top for the summer :)

Estimate_zpsecad016b.jpg

Soldato
Another MX5... another bill for rust

:p

Mine's going that way too, I've noticed a few bubbles on the rear arch :( It should be fine for the MOT next month, maybe not next year :/ Rather spend the money sooner rather than later though, less rust to cut out :p

It's not just the mk1s either, the mk2.5s are now known for the chassis rails rotting :eek:

Back
Top Bottom