What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Very nice motor Scratch, are you considering non BMW sat nav by any chance, would be very interested following that.

Yeah considering getting a Dynavin but not sure I can justify the cost at the moment..I'm 7 days off being made redundant so it'll probably have to wait until I get another job first.

Permabanned
Replaced dips, mains and sides with Osram Nightbreakers. Infinitely better than the candles that were fitted before. Also topped her up with a bottle of Castrol Edge, only 1,500 miles and she'd burned through over half of it :/

newheadlights.png

Soldato
Soldato
That's to easy, I meant a normal double din unit, Google it

Before you go buying Dynavin read this ad, might make you reconsider.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-D95-E46-1998-2006-DVD-Navigation-iPod-BT-GPS-SD-USB-/281067866779?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4170f34a9b

I'd want something OEM-looking so wouldn't go for a "normal" double din unit.

To be honest the more I think about it the more it's a nice-to-have; I've got a phone mount and aux in cable for my iPhone so can listen to music and use sat nav on the phone, and the car has bluetooth for calls so I've got everything I need covered at the moment.

Associate
Took my car off to Pacific Works today for the following:

Valve clearance check.
New cambelt & aux belt.
New aircon condenser radiator, receiver drier & regas.
Mesh fitted behind bumper to protect my nice new radiator.
New distributor oil seal.
Undersealing.
Fix power steering activation at steering angle change.
Fix rattle from engine bay.
Diagnose & fix steering wheel vibration.

I'm not looking forward to the bill, but am looking forward to having a lovely healthy car back.

Associate
I washed it. Again.

I park on the second level of the car park below my apartment, in a part of town that they’re redeveloping. Because it’s often damp when I park up at the weekend, and there is so much dust blowing in from the street, and I don’t tend to use it during the week, I find myself having to take it to the jet wash every week (honestly, the windows are caked in dirt).

How frequently do you guys have to wash your cars? I mean, how long until your number plates are unreadable and side windows are opaque?

Soldato
Discovered why my windows were steaming up heavily today..the pollen filter. Removed it from its home and it was soaking wet, which upon investigation had been caused by somebody not fitting it correctly..now need to purchase a new one.

Associate
NEW CLUTCH

I am a day late posting this as i had it done yesterday.

Hyundai Coupé 2.7l V6 with 58,000 miles. This is the first clutch in 20 years that i have had to get replaced and i have only had the car for about 8 months so i think the damage was done before i owned it. The clutch now feels silky smooth and a lot lighter than it was.

Here is a pic of the old clutch

IMAG0162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom