What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Update on RE070 then after driving a bit more, and driving in rain/snow conditions.

Tramlining is there, and boy do you know about it. Not experienced anything like this before, can't say I enjoy it.
Grip level in wet/cold conditions is poor, they indeed match their reputation for low wet grip, bit of a ditchfinder really.
Is this tyre a one trick pony? Could well be.

Associate
Went out to give the car it's usual Sunday tyre check, hoover and wash. I'm not sure I'll be doing a proper job of the washing it this week. My hands were numb after just checking the tyres. Managed to hoover the car afterwards, but I think I'll see how much crap I can clean off just by pressure washing. I'm not usually one to let the weather get in the way of cleaning the car, but it's bitterly cold outside today. Having just typed that I've looked out the window and I can see snow falling.

I think I may also order some drop-links today and try and find the source of an occasional thud in the back of the car which has been annoying me all week, I think it's probably the parcel shelf so that can sit in the garage this week as a test. If that doesn't work then bits of the interior are coming off until I'll probably end up with a fully stripped 306 which still rattles.

Caporegime
Update on RE070 then after driving a bit more, and driving in rain/snow conditions.

Tramlining is there, and boy do you know about it. Not experienced anything like this before, can't say I enjoy it.
Grip level in wet/cold conditions is poor, they indeed match their reputation for low wet grip, bit of a ditchfinder really.
Is this tyre a one trick pony? Could well be.

Bit cold for Bridgestones at the moment

Soldato
Killed another tyre...

IMG_1895_zps3be20d81.jpg

Guessing this is the culprit, which will be tackled very soon.

IMG_1896_zps808b8fb5.jpg

Had to put the space saver tyre on, what a joke the car looks now... Found black circles has Pirelli PZero Rosso's for £122 fitted. Is this a good price?

Associate
Re-fixed afew jubilee clips with decent ones, tweaked up anything that i could see and emptied the protein shaker catch can! (yes, still awaiting delivery of a real catch can!)

All ready for its remap tomorrow!

Soldato
Re-fixed afew jubilee clips with decent ones, tweaked up anything that i could see and emptied the protein shaker catch can! (yes, still awaiting delivery of a real catch can!)

All ready for its remap tomorrow!

Let us know how the S3 gets on. Before and after graphs are a must :)

Associate
Well, she's been mapped!

All in good order apon arrival and no faults so straight into mapping, slight issue with fuel trims (perfectly safe but still a minor issue((Turned out to be a crushed FPR! Will be replaced ASAP))

Before - 208BHP@~6200RPM 207TQ@~3100RPM

After - 265BHP@~5400RPM 293TQ@~3800RPM

201303261913431.jpg

20130326191327.jpg

=:D:D:D What a difference!

R-Tech have seriously impressed me! great guys and astonishing custom map for a stage 1!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, she's been mapped!

All in good order apon arrival and no faults so straight into mapping, slight issue with fuel trims (perfectly safe but still a minor issue((Turned out to be a crushed FPR! Will be replaced ASAP))

Before - 208BHP@~6200RPM 207TQ@~3100RPM

After - 265BHP@~5400RPM 293TQ@~3800RPM

201303261913431.jpg

20130326191327.jpg

=:D:D:D What a difference!

R-Tech have seriously impressed me! great guys and astonishing custom map for a stage 1!

Excellent! It's good to know your car got a once over for potential issues before the map. How many miles are on your clutch? Affected fuel economy pottering around much?

Back
Top Bottom