What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Excellent! It's good to know your car got a once over for potential issues before the map. How many miles are on your clutch? Affected fuel economy pottering around much?

Yeah, I will pretty confident it was pretty much alright as I've logged it myself and nothing unusual was striking me.

The car has 46k on it and the clutch feels strong so hoping it will last a good while, no sign of any slip. I'd say from the m'way run home it's slightly better but not sure about town, pretty sure it will be minimal.

Yep, all their custom maps are TiV now and I can't believe how smooth the car is compared to before, just seems to cruise at any speed whereas before it would jerk and surge, Suppose I was just used to it.

For a stage 1 it's pretty immense I have to say and I dare say with more time and a fpr and genuine maf it would do more!

Soldato
Long, long day...

Major Service
Thermostat replaced
Spark plugs replaced
Haldex Oil replaced
Brake Fluid replaced (again) Looks as if my MOT place ripped me off. :mad:
Twin exit back box fitted. Sadly, this is clunking like a good 'un though. :( Will have to go back tomorrow and get it looked at.

Caporegime
First wax of 2013. Been so ruddy cold I haven't been able to do it till now. Hopefully the weather will pick up soon so I can do a all day clean up much to the annoyance of the missus :D.

rvh8xe.jpg

Happy Face
6nqg5d.jpg

Soldato
Was getting my car booked in for the garage to replace the front strut mount and bearing for £100 including parts and labor.

Dad said "get some spring compressor's and the part and we will do it". 4PM till 10:3PM and a few swear words later, I have my problem fixed! :) The string compressor tool cost £17.99 from screwfix and £23 for the strut mount compared to £100!

My car is a little Pug 106 1.1, but it was a right pain to do!

Symptoms was steering creaking going left to right, steering felt a bit heavy compared to normal and then knocking going over bumps!

Soldato
OP
In all honesty, I don't really know either - just didn't gel with the 75 as well as I thought I would. It felt too 'modern' - you weren't really involved with the drive and I just prefer a more 'direct' drive where you can feel the road and really feel connected with the car.

I didn't go out to buy this 600, merely drive it to see if it was a decent example (people are always after low mileage 600 diesels, so was worth a punt if it was OK) but fell in love - I didn't even do that much bartering on price.

I'll bring it to a meet so you guys can see what I mean - drives absolutely 100%, no rattles, interior is lovely and clean and it still has a fair bit of grunt despite it's age. Mechanically everything is great, although at 100k it could probably do with a clutch at some point.

I'll probably end up shifting it at some point, when I move closer to work I'm after an Octy VRS or an MG ZT-T 190. Until then I'll use this for mile-munching.

40+MPG, half-leathers that are wonderfully supportive, a nice interior and a quiet ride. Quite impressed for the money. 2,000 miles down already!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah yes, an OcUK meet with a Rover driver 'Showing us what it'll do'

Fun times.

If you bothered to read the post, it was 'show you what I mean' and not 'show you what it'll do', as I was referring to how clean it was, and how smooth the drive is.

Funny story - when I'm doing 80 miles a day on a busy motorway, I'm not bothered about how fast I get there, just how comfy the ride is.

Anyway, you'll recall Andy's Rover having around 250bhp and the last one I brought to a meet having 200bhp, so there are some relatively quick ones around - it's just the brain dead anti-Rover crew like you that bore the **** off us owners to the point of hardly posting about our cars.

Put your glasses on, read the post and get a grip.

Back
Top Bottom