What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
You were stupid for no reason, and I came up with a well reasoned argument discussing such stupidity.

To me your post was inexcusably abusive. As we can see with this post:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24014860&postcount=23

You have an ability, albeit flawed, to think you know what is going on.

My post was not aimed at you; it was not to belittle you, it was not to belittle Rovers nor was it to down trod the hard work engineers did to make some of the most god awful cars to ever grace our fine roads.

All I did was post a humorous general comment that could be aimed at anyone (but ultimately using your recent comment as a spring board) to rib someone else who 'Showed us what it'll do' at a Motors Meet. I, like my two comrades in that car remember it well. It will be with me for the rest of my life, because it was bloody good fun. Now as someone with less time on their hands would say: wind yer' neck in.

Permabanned
Car wouldn't start this morning, the starter motor was just clicking away.

Got out some WD40 and gave the contacts a spray, and hit it a few times with a handy weightlifting bar. Took a few more goes but it did start.

Unfortunately I've just lost many man points by apparently leaving a screwdriver sitting on the top of the engine from the last time I was fiddling with it. It's probably been there a month, and if it had slipped off to the left it would have ripped the belt off and destroyed the engine.

Oops :o

Associate
Detailed and ceramic seal.
img6120s.jpg
img6121tj.jpg
img6122r.jpg
img6123pw.jpg
img6124u.jpg
img6125y.jpg
img6126b.jpg

Associate
Went to a tyre shop to get a quote for 2x 275/35/18 rft's on my e60 5 series, £660 fitted! thankfully i only need the 1 as the other has 6-7mm tread on it. But thats a job for later, little madam's birthday today (2) and she isn't sleeping, looks like the pair of us are in for another long night...

Soldato
Was getting my car booked in for the garage to replace the front strut mount and bearing for £100 including parts and labor.

Dad said "get some spring compressor's and the part and we will do it". 4PM till 10:3PM and a few swear words later, I have my problem fixed! :) The string compressor tool cost £17.99 from screwfix and £23 for the strut mount compared to £100!

My car is a little Pug 106 1.1, but it was a right pain to do!

Symptoms was steering creaking going left to right, steering felt a bit heavy compared to normal and then knocking going over bumps!

Jebus! Mine cost me £36 for the mount and bearing fitted at the garage I use!

Soldato
Dropped it off for a service and a few little bits checked / tidied up whilst it's there. Remembered to renew tax disc too which was lucky.

Hopefully all i'll be doing to it after this is giving it a proper clean then handing it over to a new owner within the next month or so!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
20130329_125121.jpg

Cleaned car, changed yellow halogen angel eyes bulbs for 20W 7000K LEDs to match my Xenons, fitted BMW Performance Carbon Air Intake & Filter then drove through a local tunnel four times for no apparent reason ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Drove it carefully for 120miles as I thought I might break down because it has been playing up, then took it for a blast a few hours after getting to my destination and drove it hard...seems to be running ok, for now.

Back
Top Bottom