What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Replaced the fuel filter and a suspected faulty idle control valve. Fired it up for the first time this month afterwards and it wasn't revving it's nuts off when cold. Hoping it's a fix then.

Soldato
All salt now gone from the car and back to looking amazing. The Collinite 476 wax was still completely intact even though i haven't cleaned it in over 3 weeks and haven't waxed for the last 2 months and in that time it's been through tons of salt, slush, snow, rain etc etc.

Topped up the wax again, hoovered out the inside and am going to clean the leather seats tomorrow so hopefully my cream leather will look cream again instead of black!

Soldato
That 320D is beautiful!

I washed my car today, first time since I bought it and I'd been waiting for the rain to hold off...it's got a lot of scratches (that I didn't make) on the bonnet, and it simply highlighted this.

Also, I think I need to research using a clay, and get some wax (the bottle I found is about ten years old).

Caporegime
Just fed up of the 'hating' brigade spouting their useless drivel.

I enjoy the car, I believe it's one of the few nice examples left, yet bringing it to a meet is a reason to mock because apparently I'll want to show people 'what it'll do', when I'm just proud to have a nice, clean car I can enjoy.

This forum has always hated Rovers. I struggled here when I had mine too, although I guess that was years ago now.

I work with a ex Rover engineer now. You certainly can't fault their engineering, more of the fault was the accounts. The whole MGF tooling development cost the same as the E39 dashboard development.

RJC

RJC

Don
Hoovered my car inside yesterday and gave the trim a quick wipe down. Looks a lot better inside now :D

Just need to give it a wash!

Soldato
gave both the Type r and RX8 a wash... incredible just the amount of cack that gets into all the little places... was dripping black crap out the bottom of the side skirts so blasted with a hose AGAIN... still more... where the hell it come from. Anyway, 4 year old polished the dashboard, and hoovered and topped up fluids... job done. Also, need top get something fixed on the type R I think... there's a very thin film of oily substance (very light) that at first seems like brake fluid BUT I can't find a leak. Need to jack this thing up...

Soldato
This forum has always hated Rovers. I struggled here when I had mine too, although I guess that was years ago now.

I work with a ex Rover engineer now. You certainly can't fault their engineering, more of the fault was the accounts. The whole MGF tooling development cost the same as the E39 dashboard development.

I don't hate Rovers. A friend of mine has an M-reg 420 diesel. It's surprisingly comfortable and quite refined for a 90s hatchback. It's knackered and falling to pieces, mind you, but then it's old and it cost him £350.
There's also no doubt that the 620ti is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing, and the other turbo / coupe models are a bit of a hoot.

Oh and the K series engine is quite excellent.

I was just wondering why Mat would have gotten rid of the 75 in favour of, let's face it, a much inferior model/s. I don't think the argument of driving dynamics is really relevant when comparing such cars, but if that's his priority then so be it :)

Soldato
Took it to be washed (I know, I know), cleaned all the crappy residue from inside the windscreen which was left when I took out the garages cheapo tax disc holder and installed a Richbrook screw off back tax disc holder

Soldato
Broke down for the first time in my motoring career on one of the worst estates in Milton Keynes, engine went limp wristed and was cutting in and out on a NSL road. No power steering on a 1600kg car is eye opening for sure!

I was expecting the worst as its currently running like a pile of dog turb but thankfully it was just an intake hose that had blown off that i sorted out myself :o

Soldato
fitted dished steering wheel, now I can reach the wheel properly, column won't go low enough though, guess I'll have to raise the seat up.

Oh, airbag light is on now too. I was told disconnecting the unit under the back seat would extinguish the light but it didn't. Can I fail the MOT for having this light on if I don't actually have an airbag (I mean, if I just removed the bulb)?

Last edited:
Caporegime
vrequc.jpg

Think that is the relevant section

Man of Honour
Quick wash with autoglym shampoo conditioner, then applied some autoglym aqua wax since I don't have much time to do much else. Car is shining in the sun :) - the resin polish has certainly weathered well with the extra gloss protection on top.

RJC

RJC

Don
Washed it today and used my new drying towel, done a excellent job at absorbing the water.

Hopefully my new car is still in track for the 24th May.

Associate
Today I have cleaned my car and ripped out some chavvy HID's I had converted a few years ago ready for some standard H1 bulbs.

I need to then send it to the garage for the handbrake to be tightened up and the front passenger caliper either replacing or de-seizing. And then it needs MOT'ing

Back
Top Bottom