What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Got to get all this Saraha sand off my RX8 today and drive down 2 hours 40 minutes to Tewksbury for this weekends RR session... it'll be good to meet up with some of you there. Take it easy and don't drive like a tool! lol

Soldato
The list of Things To Do™ on the Mondeo keeps getting longer:

• New thermostat
  • Clean EGR and manifold at the same time
  • Fix break-pedal sensor (brake light comes on when clutch is depressed)
  • Replace one of the parking sensors
  • Fix the rattle in the back
  • Replace power steering pump (again)
  • Touch-up some stone chips and a scuff
  • Fix a small patch of surface rust on one of the rear arches
  • Needs a proper clean inside and out

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Took the car out & about today & it's noticeably better, Zero HLA noise on start up, handles brilliantly, Brakes perfect & you can feel the Konis working even more because of the under braces.

Next it's.
New Thermo housing/Waterpump & Cambelt kit. Then I think I'll either refurb my rear calipers or get new ones.
Hope I don't run out of things to do as this is fun. :p

Soldato
Fitted some aero wipers from fleabay front and back as the old Bosch ones were worn out and not washing anything away. Quick fix and perfect smudge free wiping now.

Replaced dim brake bulb in drivers side rear cluster. Bought fog light for front but wasn't able to get to it as not really had time yet.

Still to do:

Proper wash in and out
Replace drivers seat belt as worn and torn

Associate
Took the car out & about today & it's noticeably better, Zero HLA noise on start up, handles brilliantly, Brakes perfect & you can feel the Konis working even more because of the under braces.

Next it's.
New Thermo housing/Waterpump & Cambelt kit. Then I think I'll either refurb my rear calipers or get new ones.
Hope I don't run out of things to do as this is fun. :p

That's the good bit, when you mindlessly take bits off the car just to re-new them. Its called preventive maintenance! :p

Associate
Ordered from the US new MX5 tail lights, floor mats and Mazaspeed pedal kit and a Haynes manual. Later to order Mazaspeed spoilers and OEM side skirts.
The project will be underway soon :)

Soldato
Treated all the car rubbers to some gummi pflege, hopefully it will help control the wind noise that's been getting louder with the recent bout of cold weather...

Associate
Machine polished the rear bumper, boot and rear lights today.

x38j1k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom