What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Spent pretty much all day replacing the thermostat on my 924s. However the cooling is still giving me trouble, either a serious air lock or a blocked radiator. I have a spare rad so ill try chuck that on if the weather stays lovely.

All my cars have been giving me so much grief as of late.

Caporegime
Ordered a pair of Conti Premium Contact 5s and booked an MOT at a cost of £155. Better re-mortgage the house.

List of things to do:

- New passenger side window regulator
- Fit a new electric mirror because some gimp broke it
- Full service
- Sell it

Soldato
Ordered a pair of Conti Premium Contact 5s and booked an MOT at a cost of £155. Better re-mortgage the house.

£155 for 2 tyres and an MOT!! Bargain motoring right there

List of things to do:
- New passenger side window regulator

I had a guy on ffoc forum do this for free when I had my old focus! Easy job if you have the parts.

- Sell it

What for?

Caporegime
£155 for 2 tyres and an MOT!! Bargain motoring right there

Blackcircles are giving away a 'MOT for a fiver' voucher if you spend over £100 on certain brands, this has worked well for me.

I had a guy on ffoc forum do this for free when I had my old focus! Easy job if you have the parts.

Seems easy enough, I just need to get the part. Died last May so I better get it sorted.

What for?

No idea, I keep changing my mind and it depends if I'm still living in Basra or not later in the year.

Associate
Finally picked it up from the menders. Been away for nearly two weeks being made pretty again. No post work pictures yet but the rot is all gone :D as is a lot of my money :( Both rear quarters & sills made good as new. I could have bought the car twice over for what I've thrown at it over the last month but I now know I have a solid car both mechanically & the shell. I've got a wodge of pictures they took of the work, will try & scan some of the worst in for your amusement.

Associate
Not today, but last weekend...

Tore apart the dash on my 325...
photojpi.jpg

...and fitted a Connects2 iPod interface:
imagersqej.jpg

Cable routes nicely into the sunglasses holder (after making a bit of a hole) and fits an old iPod Touch nicely. Charges both the Touch and my 4S, and works with the steering wheel controls. Not bad for £30 and some scuffed fingers.

Associate
Ruddy great selection of images incoming. My MX-5 is finally back after a month off the road after failing its MOT for corrosion. I'd debated just chucking it & getting another but decided to stick with what I had after doing a load of mechanical work running up to the MOT.

This is the state the rear quarters were in:

Ouch, that's going to be properly rotten underneath :(

Boy-o-boy weren't you right :eek: Gave the bodyshop the go ahead to get stuck in and go to town making it right. They photographed everything & so for your enjoyment here is some of the worst :D (brace yourselves)

To some the idea & cost of repairing it was illogical, the car only set me back just over a grand and forking out £1800 to make it right made them laugh at me. Rear quarters, sills, part of the O/S/R floor all cut out & repaired as necessary along with cavity wax & underseal. I could have bought another but I can rest safe in the knowledge that I now have a mechanically & structurally sound MX-5.

Now :D

Back
Top Bottom