What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Dragged the replacement for my stolen Vectra from where it was dead to our place...where it is still dead...
:D

2yl04xy.jpg

Soldato
Technically Wednesday rather than today but I managed to polish out a bit of over exuberant paint touching up on the rear wing. I was hoping to make it less obvious but it worked out even better than I'd hoped and is almost perfect now :cool:

Never had a car with flat paint before, TBH I'm not even sure if it has clear coat on or not :o

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm some good news. I knew this town had lots of bodyshops, most used by insurers for accident repair so phoned/emailed around to see if any would give a better estimate than 450. A local one got back to me with 200+VAT. Looked them up and they've been in business for 15 years. Going to pay a visit to them and have a chat.

Last edited:
Associate
E46 Handbrake disintegrated, sounded like my exhaust had fallen off scrapping sound. investigated shoes to find... well nothing left of the shoes or inner hub lining. conveniently used the up to 50% off @ eurocarparts :D to order new disks, handbrake cable, shoes, pads the works while my car is parked against a curb with no handbrake for the week :/

Soldato
A local one got back to me with 200+VAT. Looked them up and they've been in business for 15 years. Going to pay a visit to them and have a chat.

I always try to go on personal recommendations where body shops are concerned. Price and time in business never seems to equate to quality work in this area.

Had my new Goodyear Eagles fitted today, downside being there appears to be some signs of corrosion on the inner edges of the alloys. Looks like a refurb is on the cards too then :(

Been an expensive week when coupled with new discs/pads and a full service.

Next month will be a nice Pioneer double din headunit with BT to replace my horrible Gamma radio cassette and in-dash 6cd changer.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Both shops are fairly small in size and local shops in general tend to do better work than bigger ones, this one is family run it seems whereas the other one is one guy who staffs a few guys.

I'm going to pop down over the weekend and have a chat with them, they don't have any online presence really and nobody I know has needed bodywork being done so nothing there.

Back
Top Bottom