What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Why are people so obsessed with big wheels? Small wheels = bigger sidewalls = more comfortable.

Mainly company car owners with S line TDi A3's :p

Who is?

The tyres look 60 profile

55 on these mate

Because they look nicer?

If comfort was anywhere near being on the agenda - AD08's wouldn't have been anywhere near the list.

The AD08 is very similar in stiffness to the RE050a's that were on it so no real impact on comfort has been felt so far! And i've done nigh on 300 miles today :D

Associate
After getting a bargain of a J Reg MR2, I have fixed the oil leak and did an oil change when I got it.

Today, I changed the spark plugs, distributor and rotor arm. The distributor and rotor arms really did need changing as the contact points are in quite bad condition. What a difference it made. There is definitely much more torque than before.

Also gave it a clean, clay, polish and wax. Also restored some of the plastic trims that has gone pretty much white over the 20 odd years it has been on the road. Much happier now.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
2755eOnl.jpg VRvWAhTl.jpg

Spent almost 2 hours removing and replacing the door lock actuator. It's FAR more tedious and hand scrapingly painful getting it in and out than the youtube videos suggest (their cuts and edits are deceiving lol). Just for reference if anyone else needs to do theirs on a coupe, you don't need to unscrew the reverse threaded nut, I could not even find it on my car anyway. Also, window up while doing it, down when re-fitting the trim.

Anyway, all done now, once installed I tried closing the door and noticed the lock/dead bolt inside the machanism was active. Was about to ffffuuuu when I thought it might be an idea to connect up the wiring and door panel then pull the inside handle to see if it syncs with the driver's door...it did. Phew!

I think I've now gone through all the common E46 things that fail.

Last edited:
Soldato
Removed the front grills and fog lamp surrounds again and re painted them in order to tidy up the amount of stone chips they'd received in the year or so since I last done it. Unfortunately rain ended play today so my car is now in bits in my dads drive way with parts hanging up drying in the garage :p

Hopefully put it all back together tomorrow weather permitting :)

Soldato
Good news is the 'gasket in a tube' seems to have held so I can keep using the car while I wait until the new thermostat housing gets delivered.

This is getting more and more expensive. :(

Associate
Nothing because it keeps sodding raining.

It's due to stop at 5PM though so I may just break out the pressure washer then for a quick clean.

MOT soon so I'll have to put the new drop-links on and tighten the handbrake cable in the next couple of weeks. Could have done both of those in the garage today I suppose, too late now :p

Soldato
Just found out from the misses, someone has snapped off the wiper arm on the drivers side. No other cars were touched on the street, just my pride and joy. It's an 11 year old TT for gods sake. Really annoyed now, I thought it was safe in that area (her dads).

Soldato
I don't quite understand the black clay bar thing. I've clayed all my cars and never had the bar turn black like that, maybe it should be washed a bit more thoroughly?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
He says that's behind the rear wheel so I imagine that's the arch wall?

But indeed, my claybars have never come out that black, not even 10% of that!

Soldato
Drove 220 miles home. Before we left I brimmed the tank. 37mpg average getting there and 50 miles around town during the weekend

Mpg coming back will be way into the 40s. 1.8t prius :D

Back
Top Bottom