What have you done to your car today?

but mine is a 1.8t Golf with 200k miles, hardware from 15 years ago, ecu thats more than 10 years old and itll be in the region of 200bhp and i drive it at normal motorway speeds. it wont be as comfortable as a e39, but a long way, but its a cheap old snotter but im chuffed that it can be really economical when it needs to

Hows 200hp even a factor when its no different to the 150hp base engine?

What is a 'normal' motorway speed?

I think he is emphasising the point that for the power the car can produce, the fuel economy is excellent, especially given how ancient the hardware is :D Saying that, my spruced up version of the venerable 1.8t is excellent on fuel too. But I've stopped caring about the fuel economy now, I like racing the salesmen dervs on the slipway, it's brilliant watching the fog erupt when they think their manhood is being challenged by a hairdressers car :cool:

Buggered about with the fuelling and boost, however I've cocked it up as when you put your foot down you can't see anything behind you. Shifts better though!

Better sort that out before it destroys a full tank in about 80 miles.

I think he is emphasising the point that for the power the car can produce, the fuel economy is excellent

Actually it sounds fairly average. It's only a 4 cylinder engine with 200bhp yet it seems to economy that isn't hugely better than that I get from the 6 cylinder engine developing more power in my heavier 5 Series?

Can yours easily replicate the epic mpg you got on that run where you posted up a pic of the fuel receipt?

One thing that makes the 1.8t a total pain is that if youre on the motorway, if youre only the slightly too heavy on the pedal it will pressuring, the air flow goes nuts and the fuel flow does the same.

Cruise control makes that part easy and 75mph is the sweet spot

It's back!

So... Before:
rps20130501_202913_581.jpg

20130501_201748_HDR-01.jpg

After:
20130514_174707_2.jpg

20130514_181202_2.jpg

Perfect paint match and excellent panel work underneath. They used 10 tonnes of pulling power to pull the dented bits back (E46 sill underside is in several layers).

All in the panel work, paint+blend and refit all cost £240 inc. They also threw in a free large jar of colour matched paint to use on stone chips and whatnot which was nice. I need to pick this up tomorrow as I forgot to take it when leaving the body shop :o

Edit*
Also the first thing he said was "I couldn't believe the condition of the interior!" :D

Last edited:
It is some kind of special jig they use, impressive what can be restored!

They also cleaned/treated all the arches and washed the car. Are we allowed to mention names here? I'd definitely be happy to recommend them to people :)

Back
Top Bottom