What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Spent a bunch on parts you can't see.
Meyle engine mounts
Meyle tie rods inner+outer
Meyle HD wishbones
Meyle HD drop links
Meyle eccentric FCAB

Also have an X-brace and associated nutserts, but I won't fit that at the same time as the rest of the stuff.

Soldato
Just picked up the Range Rover after having a 4 day correction detail with Clean Me in Bury St Edmunds.

I don't have any before picture yet to share but it was in a bit of a state, loads of swirl marks from bad dealership washing, a big scratch on the passenger door and some other light scratches down both sides from my offroading adventure when I was doing some site visits :D
Here are some quick ones I took with my phone at about 6:30pm when I went to pick it up.

The lighting and camera are not great but I am so impressed with how good the car looks now even in these pictures!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9287/wp20130510001.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5739/wp20130510002.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9632/wp20130510004.jpg

Resize images please.

The amount of flake in the Westminster Blue paint is just crazy, when the light hits it right it really does look amazing.

Might have to bring this one Karting tomorrow as the GTR looks like crap now in comparison!

Soldato
I had my air conditioning inspected to discover why it hasn't been working.

The findings:

Condenser is absolutely shot to pieces by stones, literally half the fins are missing.
Leak found on one of the pipes entering the condenser.

Mazda have quoted £380 just for the condenser. I've found one at ECP for £76 which I plan to fit myself next weekend. I've also ordered a replacement AC pipe to the condenser for £55 from from the dealer. I reckon the dealer would've charged £500+ to do this.

Soldato
Just picked up the Range Rover after having a 4 day correction detail with Clean Me in Bury St Edmunds.

I don't have any before picture yet to share but it was in a bit of a state, loads of swirl marks from bad dealership washing, a big scratch on the passenger door and some other light scratches down both sides from my offroading adventure when I was doing some site visits :D
Here are some quick ones I took with my phone at about 6:30pm when I went to pick it up.

The lighting and camera are not great but I am so impressed with how good the car looks now even in these pictures!

The amount of flake in the Westminster Blue paint is just crazy, when the light hits it right it really does look amazing.

Might have to bring this one Karting tomorrow as the GTR looks like crap now in comparison!

Wow, looks fantastic. My Car is supposed to look like that, but the paint is in a dire state. I might pick up a machine polisher at some point, and maybe plastidip my lower grills.

Caporegime

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9287/wp20130510001.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5739/wp20130510002.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9632/wp20130510004.jpg[IMG]

Might have to bring this one Karting tomorrow as the GTR looks like crap now in comparison![/QUOTE]

That's a bloody lovely colour, my next car HAS to be met blue.

Soldato
I've had an absolute 'mare today.
I got the genuine ford Thermostat to replace the ECP one that doesn't seem to be working and planned on changing it today.

Having done the same job last weekend I knew what was required and it shouldn't have been more than a half-hour job…

Ran into my first problem straight away – two of the three bolts holding the thermostat housing together wouldn't come undone.

In the end I decided I would have to remove the whole of the housing to get a better view of the bolts. Turns out the brass threads had come 'unstuck' from the plastic housing and were just spinning with the bolt head.

I tried a few things to stop them spinning but nothing was working and I was getting close to breaking it. I didn't really want to drill out the bolts and I couldn't find a replacement at any of the local scrappies or spares places so I decided just to put it back together with the wrong thermostat still in it.

That's when I split the O ring that seals the housing when it's connected to the engine block!

So I had to do a quick trip to Halfords but they didn't have any O rings the right size so I bought some of that 'gasket in a tube' stuff.

I've now put it all back together and I'm waiting for the stuff to set but god knows if it will actually stay water tight.

It's not been a good day. :(

*Edit* I should add that I shorted the battery with my molegrips and got an electric shock, scuffed one of my fingers and got **** on by a bird!

Last edited:
Soldato
Goodbye stripes...

20130511_160511.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I had a bit of a go at the MX5 today since some parts arrived. New mats and alloy pedal covers fitted, and then started on changing my front indicator bulbs as they were odd shades of Amber.
Fairly typically with my car, I found that the drivers side was using an odd sort of bulb holder with a push fit bulb and the left was the usual (I guess) bayonet variety. Not only was it a bugger to get out as it was kind of rammed in there, but the wiring was different aswell.. so that explains the differnce in the lights and why my indicator was flashing at double time.. so I ordered a new bulb holder to try and match it up.

I have a new problem now after removing and refitting the holders, the indicators only work when the headlights are off.. when the headlights are on, the drivers side, with the push fit bulb, flashes once, and the passenger side does nothing and the indicator light on the dash stays lit.

any ideas what this could be? Have I shorted a cable while checking the lights? the connector to the wrong holder was taped up before it joined the loom, so my guess is there were some dodgy connections made below it.

edit : fixed it now :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom