What have you done to your car today?

I enquired with them once before on an older offer and I do remember being told you could book it in using the current offer for a date after the expiry - May be worth checking to confirm :)

Today.............I picked up a puncture.

Bloody great screw sticking out the centre of the tread on a month old Bridgestone D-Sport 235/45/19. Didn't totally deflate but it is loosing pressure over time.

Damn. :(

Repair it

Indeed. Off to my local tyre place this morning to do just that. They supplied both the tyres and have been excellent in the past with prices and service so I'm hoping they can do the business with the puncture repair.
Screw itself is right smack bang in the middle of the 'T' zone so I don't envisage having any issues getting it done, it's just the whole inconvenience of it all which is annoying. :mad:

Sorted. Puncture fixed at my local place 2 mins down the road from me. Didn't even need to stick the space saver on, I inflated the tyre to 40 psi last night and it was still sat at 32 psi this morning. Fitter said it hardly had much of a hole in it at all once he got the tyre off and the screw out but its been plugged to BSAU159. Fixed, balanced wheel and refitted for £15.

On a related note, just had a quick shifty at my front Bridgestone D-Sports as far as tread depth goes. Can't believe how quickly these wear over a short period of time. :eek:

Think I'll be ditching D-Sports next time it comes to replacing the rubber and trying something else.

Fitted my new wiper arm after some lovely fellow decided to rip it off. New flat style wipers on there, although the very edge of the passengers side lifts off the screen a bit. The TT windscreen is quite rounded, but I'm hoping the wiper will mould to the shape a bit in time.

Fitted my new wiper arm after some lovely fellow decided to rip it off. New flat style wipers on there, although the very edge of the passengers side lifts off the screen a bit. The TT windscreen is quite rounded, but I'm hoping the wiper will mould to the shape a bit in time.

It's quite common for aero wipers to lift up slightly on the passenger side like that, due to the curve of the windscreen. It won't improve over time, but it shouldn't cause you any issues.

^yea it's fine because after a little bit it makes contact with the screen, theres just a little corner where it doesn't make contact. Although I'm thoroughly pleased so far, silent as the grave, no juddering and no streaks.

Car went in for an early oil service and a check-up on it's 70,000 mile-old cooling system. Came back with a new radiator and water-pump. And now I have no money :( Although in fairness it's the first expense it has thrown up in 18 months. Suspension refresh next month!

DHL brought me a box from Germany :)
966204_734637281665_1450433549_o.jpg

Fitting that lot should be a laugh.

Took it for MOT and by some kind of minor miracle it passed. Advisory for play in o/s/r lower arm though, I guess mashing it up a kerb and onto a roundabout didn't do it much good but I planned to renew all the ball joints next month anyway.

Sprayed my new parking sensors the right shade of silver tonight. Fitting them will be Saturday's job.

Also whilst looking underneath noticed my offside rear exhaust silencer is partially rusted through what appears to be an outer skin - there isn't any blowing from the exhaust. Hope the MOT man doesn't take offence to it. It would be a shame if I accidentally replaced the whole system with a nicer sounding one, anyway..

Replaced the exhaust camshaft sensor today on my 330. My fault reader flagged up the common P0369 code.

Car feels much better like it must have been robbed of a lot of power low revs.

Having done it on my old 320i it was a nice quick easy job.

Back
Top Bottom