What have you done to your car today?

Noticed the exhaust tip was looking a bit faded/aged so sprayed it with high heat resistant paint:

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/rps20130516_184306_973.jpg[img]

Better![/QUOTE]

Nice, copying me there I see :D

Black is so good at hiding any carbon buildup!

BMW part is £97 pattern part is £37 from GSF you need a 5mm hex socket and just a little bit of patience. Easy enough job

Thanks for the info.

Today I adjusted my handbrake. It had reached a point where even pulling the lever right to the top of it's travel, it still wouldn't hold the car on a hill. Thankfully being an auto leaving it Park kept it from rolling anywhere.

Wasn't too tricky to do either as you can tweak the adjuster through a lug nut hole on the rear wheels..took about an hour to sort and now it doesn't move an inch.

Just replaced the weather strip on the driver's door, no more wshshshshshshshsssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh every time I get above 30 :)

One of those little jobs that I've been meaning to do for ages. On the down side, it probably means I'll start hearing lots of other rattles and creaks now.

...and me :o

My exhaust goes from shiny to ***** in about 5 minutes!

At the moment I'm cleaning it twice a week with wheel cleaner but that won't last :p

Yep! Exactly why I got mine done.

It is high temperature powder coating, I think it is good for 500 Celsius or at least something pretty high so the finish lasts a long time.

If you have difficulty finding somewhere to get it done I can inquire at SVM who got mine done (they sent off a new set of tips to get coated and then swapped mine over when I went in).

Bodge-on HEKO ones always look tacky. They are very popular in Japan/Asia so the car makers design them to look nice.

Anyway. Engine mounts arrived at last, now I won't have the time to get under there for a week. Growing tired of grannying the car around now.

Tried to clean it. I have got some crap stuck onto the drivers door and on the front right wing and it won't come off.

Used the pressure washer, the brush, the car wash and tried scrubbing away at it for 5 minutes but it will not budge. Any ideas?

Tried to clean it. I have got some crap stuck onto the drivers door and on the front right wing and it won't come off.

Used the pressure washer, the brush, the car wash and tried scrubbing away at it for 5 minutes but it will not budge. Any ideas?

Depends what kind of crap it is? What I wouldn't be doing is using a brush or a car wash on your paintwork!

Depends what kind of crap it is? What I wouldn't be doing is using a brush or a car wash on your paintwork!

I will get some images tomorrow. Also, not that sort of brush, the one they have on those self use car washes. The paint work is fine.

It looks like dried on soap scum, yet every time I wash it, it is in the shade and I remove all residue with a hose and dry it by hand. It is also only on that side of the car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom