What have you done to your car today?

Associate
I did make that point and also if there is any chance of "goodwill" on it as its not really something I could prevent. The lady dealing with it has said she will work on the price and let me know if she has had any luck when the parts come in.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Walked out to the Kia this morning. Heart sank as I got near it - front right tyre looked a little softer than it did last night when I parked up. Picked up a screw, and it's right on the border between tread and sidewall :mad: Now at a local tyre shop getting a new tyre. At least they were new enough that replacing one isn't going to mess with the roadholding.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I was behind a new Audi TT on the ferry yesterday and as soon as he drove off it into France his rear tyre went completely flat. Felt very sorry for him, not a great start to his holiday!
Yeah, can't imagine him being too happy that his first destination on holiday was the nearest Feu Vert or Euromaster!

Soldato
MOT on the Kia, failed! Two bulbs not working (was fine when I left home, now fixed with a new sidelight bulb!) and lower suspension arm bush, which appears to be a fairly common problem. Advisory on the rear discs as badly corroded, so got some ordered with new pads for delivery early next week.

Associate
White line anti roll bar was one of the top mods I have done on my car. It is one of those few mods that when you put it on the car and drive around a sharp corner you instantly go :eek:. The turn in now is immense :)
Exactly, I knew it would make a difference but didn't expect it to completely change the car, the 17 year old bushings being replaced probably helped too. They were still in great condition, certainly shows when they don't salt the roads in Japan.

Soldato
First real clean since last November - Do not like cleaning a car in cold anymore.

Fortunately it was well cleaned and waxed before winter and it's come up quite well

First picture is with winter wheels.

Second is with the refurbished alloys and 4 new Rainsport 3's- Do not sand your own wheels -have them shot blasted or get someone else to do it - Guy over road sprayed them They are not prefect by any means but it is a 6 year old car

413240752.jpg

413240753.jpg

Soldato
Had the MX5 mapped, made 240hp before Coilpack or Leads started breaking down and giving sync problems at high loads. Perfectly fine at 211hp and 200ft/lb but no good asking for more. So new leads and coilpack and good for 240hp! :D

Soldato
Fitted the new washer pump, seal and filter so will see how that goes (At least its not leaking at the moment), and for the princely sum of £27p each, I replaced all the little screws/washers that hold the plastic panels in place just to tidy it up..

I also removed the hardtop, gave the car a 20 minute quick wash and popped out for a drive. The hardtop adds a bit of rigidity to the car, so the first couple of miles the tiny 'flex' you get with the roof down was noticeable, but by the end of the journey I'd already forgotten about it.

Having parked up in a retail park, as we got back to the car a Lambo Guillardo Spyder was just parking next to me! Obviously this is the day 'vert owners live for!

Soldato
Fitted a new DAB aerial. When i bought the HU (second hand) it came with a second hand aerial. I tried to make the best of it but snapped the earth strap. Wired it up anyway and seemed ok but i was always getting interference and not many channels.

One replacement aerial later and i get crystal clear signal/sound and plenty more channels :D

Soldato
Kit is being sold, car is staying, just don't want the supercharger on it any more! Want to aim to get the suspension sorted this year, and get some track days done, after that I don't really know, see whether we want to upgrade it or give it more power again, just not with a supercharger!

Back
Top Bottom