What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Bought a new one (ST estate) so will be imminently moving mine on, it was probably always a handling compromise too far for me even before it started randomly going wrong each month

Soldato
Pxed my Mazda for this..

It's tiny! 0.660cc turbo. It's mainly for my gf and me on the side (i always end up driving her car more) it's actually quite fun lol. Looks tiny next to my z4.

Soldato
That's awesome. Minus points for it not being yellow though... :p

Had my alignment done today at a place with a proper Hunter system. £78 for 4 wheel alignment. Mainly the rears that needed adjusting which is odd on a FF car. Steering wheel wasn't level either.

Soldato
Awesome left-field buy. What sort of money if you don't mind me asking?

Bet it'd be surprisingly good on a B-road, each lane would be like its own race track.

Thanks, the 0.6 go for less usually, around 2-3k private. We looked at a few and all were rusty. This one was rust free and had only done 32k miles, one owner, full service etc.

After pxing Mazda we paid 3.4k on top. Was being sold for 4.5k by a trader.

Its a lot of fun, you don't need to do a tone to smile really, I was impressed after the test drive, didn't expect much from a 67bhp engine.

Man of Honour
A bit like the Mustang sequential tail lights

15_ford_mustang_sequencer_gif-gif_1.gif

Mine do this
34049418332_822840caf1_o.gif

Caporegime
Jesus @grudas, that is a lot of money for a thing like that no matter how rare or cute it is! :eek: It is cute though, and the idea of you driving it in your camo trousers and raises a smile. Must look pretty odd seeing you clamber out of it. :D

I acquired a hard top today. :)

Bi9GOQI.png

Black, so its perfect. If I get this MK1 next week it will match, or if I keep this MK2 (only if the MK1 turns out to be another Celica, which I doubt having seen a tonne of pictures) then it doesn't look too bad on a red one either. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Jesus @grudas, that is a lot of money for a thing like that no matter how rare or cute it is! :eek: It is cute though, and the idea of you driving it in your camo trousers and raises a smile. Must look pretty odd seeing you clamber out of it. :D

I acquired a hard top today. :)

Bi9GOQI.png

Black, so its perfect. If I get this MK1 next week it will match, or if I keep this MK2 (only if the MK1 turns out to be another Celica, which I doubt having seen a tonne of pictures) then it doesn't look too bad on a red one either. :)
Yeah they're not cheap sadly, i guess the rarity factor brings up the price! But hey, if my gf is happy I'm not going to complain haha. I've had some funny looks already on the way back haha! People do stare at it and ask about it! End of day it's a car mainly for her to use and for me to use when she doesn't feel like driving :D

Soldato
Big (and expensive) 60K service on Thursday.
So this morning, made sure I was up nice and early to go for a drive to justify the expense.

Glad I did - 5.30AM and it was already light and mild, so the roads were nice and dry. Did about 120 miles, home about 8AM for breakfast, with some new roads discovered on the way :)

Soldato
Sold the set of wheels that came with my Jag for £635, buyer started a PayPal dispute saying he never received them, then changed his mind and said he actually has received them but they're kerbed with some small nicks in the tyres, i.e. exactly as I described them in the advert. I wonder how these people manage to function in everyday life with such enormous levels of stupidity.

Associate
Collected my Z4 on Friday, hard wired my dash cam in today and ordered some gear to give it a service. Also be replacing the ARB and Lollipop bushes as there's a slight knock when going over bumps at low speed, hopefully this should be the cause as they don't look great. That, and there's slight play when you grab a wheel and try to wobble it.

Soldato
Cleaned hers for the first time, Corsa which a brake pad clearly failed badly (before she owned it). Alloy was caked in about 3mm of baked on brake dust so had to hit it with 1l of fallout remover to get it back to glory. Worth it i guess the results are evident. Ripped the sill protector off by accident though so new clips needed :') Actually pretty impressed by its bodywork and general condition to what i paid.

My car's turn next weekend if its good! See if we can't get her winter coat cleaned off and get another coat of hard wax on for summer

Soldato
Bought a new one (ST estate) so will be imminently moving mine on

Deed done, few days of getting the train until the new one can be collected and starting to sell off the random bits I acquired for the Skoda - suppose that's the good thing about the modular nature of vag cars

Back
Top Bottom