What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
It's amazing that two really very simple functions still work? :p
was going to say :D

Cheeky gits!

The fact many e9x BMW's we've had in the family have exhibited so many electrical issues, it's genuinely surprising how reliable the E46 seems to be in this regard..

Maybe I shouldn't admit that I jumped in this morning and finding the heated nozzles, wing mirrors, rear window all just 'worked' oddly surprised me!

:)

Man of Honour
How do you find such wobbly cars? It's a super power!
I hadn't noticed :confused:

Capture.jpg

:)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Was going to fit the TPMS to my Rial X10 winter wheels, but the torque wrench I borrowed is broken as I can't even get it to click at 5Nm :mad:

mgnF0TE.jpg

Soldato
Had the car to StageX who unlocked Android Auto functionality on the headunit in the car. Renault build it in as standard but it's locked out, presumably to make people pay for the TomTom map updates.

Then on to Source Sounds in Sheffield for some advice about upgrading my stereo system as the speakers in this car are so poor I rarely use the radio for this reason. After much deciding we settled on replacing the door speakers and tweeters with their Rainbow DL-C5 kit, powered by an amplifier in the spare wheel well and an Audison compact sub in the boot (With inbuilt amplifier). All kit is being fitted by them also so will be a very clean professional install.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Fitted a replacement belt tensioner today. Took an hour from start to finish, most of which was spent jiggling the thing about trying to get the old one out of the gap and the new one to go back in. Whilst it is possible to buy the pulley on it's own, it's not far of the same cost as a whole new tensioner and since it's nearly 25 years old, it made sense to just replace the whole thing.

Caporegime
Fitted a replacement belt tensioner today. Took an hour from start to finish, most of which was spent jiggling the thing about trying to get the old one out of the gap and the new one to go back in. Whilst it is possible to buy the pulley on it's own, it's not far of the same cost as a whole new tensioner and since it's nearly 25 years old, it made sense to just replace the whole thing.

I tried to do just the pulley on my 9-5 and sheared the bolt undoing it so had to buy the unit anyway as I didn't trust drilling and tapping a part like that. I then cracked the cast when using my 1/2 drive extension in it to take the tension off. Not a very good design.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I tried to do just the pulley on my 9-5 and sheared the bolt undoing it so had to buy the unit anyway as I didn't trust drilling and tapping a part like that. I then cracked the cast when using my 1/2 drive extension in it to take the tension off. Not a very good design.
The nightmare that I was slightly worried about. I was obviously lucky. I took the impact gun to the bolt holding the pulley onto the old one and it came straight off so now I have a spare assembly which I could swap a pulley on to.

Soldato
Had to remove and re-grease my sway(anti roll) bar bushings again... the cold weather (10c!) has made them squeak.... they still squeak. Sigh.

Running out of options other than put the stock ones back on.

Soldato
Finally got around to changing the knackered old boot lifter struts after several months of them getting slowly worse and worse. It was such an easy job it's probably not even worthy of mention in this thread, but here we are!

Back
Top Bottom