No MoT

The good
Recent new clutch
Recent clustch master and slave cylinders
4 good tyres
2 recent front shocks
Recent brakes

How much do you rekon we got for it?

£800 They seem to hold really well, I looked at one as a curveball first car for my daughter but condition at our budget wasn't great. In fact there's some tree surgeons working near my house and they've turned up in 3 older CRVs and a neighbour who lives up a rough track also has one. My mum loves her 2014 CRV. I wish they had a larger 7 seat version as I'd love one too

Caporegime
Sub-1L engine though! I planned to rebuild my Smart engine but ended up selling it :(

Doing all the coolant hoses which are impossible to get to with it in the car, timing belt kit, water pump, clutch, turbo, etc.

After which maybe I keep it, maybe I sell it lol.
Depends how I feel after. I love it to bits but all this work is getting tiresome. I just want it to work properly.

Last edited:
Don
£800 They seem to hold really well, I looked at one as a curveball first car for my daughter but condition at our budget wasn't great. In fact there's some tree surgeons working near my house and they've turned up in 3 older CRVs and a neighbour who lives up a rough track also has one. My mum loves her 2014 CRV. I wish they had a larger 7 seat version as I'd love one too
Close. We got £1k for it. I was amazed TBH.

Caporegime
Started the process of taking the engine out.

Intercooler, intercooler bracket, intake pipework, catch can pipework, air intake, blow off valve, battery, battery tray, coil wire, and a few other bits removed...
Vac lines, live and neutral fuse box terminals, engine earths, loom plugs, brake booster piping, throttle cable, and a few other bits disconnected...

It was raining so I didn't fancy doing any more just now!

Next dry day I will drain fluids, remove the radiator and pipework, disconnect the heater core, fuel lines, gear linkage, speedo cable, and take the front of the car off.
Quite annoying draining all the fluids because they are all new, so I need to try and catch them in clean containers. :p

After that all thats left is removing the driveshafts again, and with some creative dual trolley jack, support beam, and engine dolly action, the engine and gearbox can be put in the conservatory to be torn into.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got to about here...

hgdHjpK.jpeg

Front bumper and structure removed, fuel lines disconnected, heater core disconnected, speedo cable disconnected, some more bits and pieces removed...

Tomorrow it should be ready to come out... Drain fluids, remove shafts, disconnect front exhaust and clutch & gear linkages, and its its own seperate entity.

Man of Honour
Went to pick up my new one only to be met with a "Computer says no". Apparently the system used to register new cars has been down for most of the day, going back at 5 as they were told it should be fixed by then :o

Caporegime
I looked back but not far enough i think, how come the engine is coming out?

I have a coolant leak from a distribution block (looks like a thermostat housing but isn't) on the back of the engine, and in true kei car style, it is completely inaccessible without removing the intake manifold, or the whole engine.
And weirdly, removing the whole engine seemed like the preferable job. :p

While its out I will do the clutch kit, pilot bearing, timing belt and water pump kit, a bunch of other coolant hoses (possibly all of them, because I may as well), and some other stuff. Will probably do things like change the rocker cover gasket, some of the engine / cradle mounts, do the valve clearances, stuff I could do with it in the car but may as well get done while its sat on some wood blocks in a heated room.

Also will be putting a replacement low KM turbo on, and giving the engine bay a bit of a clean.

Last edited:
Don
Got the R56 Mini MOT'd today - yay pass with no advisories and nothing picked up on the garage's health check. For once a result :D
Clearly cursed it

(As soon as I picked it up got the low outside temperature snow flake symbol, seems like an unlucky coincidence but garage did check to make sure they hadn't disturbed anything.)

I've ordered a new sensor for less than a £10 and seems like a fairly easy job.

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_124026_copy_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_20240307_124026_copy_1280x960.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom