what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
I've preordered the MU6 headphones purely based off the fact the noise cancelling allegedly beat out a QC35. That and they were £99 with a cool wireless magnetic light up charging stand and APTX LL. Indiegogo incase you were wondering. I've been burned on crowdfunded headphones from China before though.

Associate
AKG712 Pro with mod mic 5.
Sennheiser GSP600 with gsx1000. (Still undecided, not comfortable for the long haul)
Sony WH-1000XM2 (away to be swapped out for XM3). Best wireless I've heard to date for music. Great travel phones and LDAC through Fiio BTR3 for the win.
Audeze Mobius (on their way, looking forward to seeing if they can replace the senny setup)

Last edited:
Soldato
Audeze Mobius for everything.

Replacing HyperX Cloud that was used for gaming only. And a set of JVC HA-RX900s that were used for music.

Soldato
HD800s (so comfortable, one of the few in which my ears do not touch anything!)
HD6XX (HD650)
HD58X
AKG 712 PRO
Hyper X cloud (for rare occasions I use a Mic)

J2uwO71.jpg
yeJDnYC.jpg

Lovely collection. What amp are you using?

Also, if you don't mind me asking; where did you get the headphone stand? It's lovely.

Soldato
Lovely collection. What amp are you using?

Also, if you don't mind me asking; where did you get the headphone stand? It's lovely.

Thanks bud.

Am using the Schitt Bifrost Multibit and Schitt Valhalla 2 tube amp. I do have a THX 789 Linear Amp (well on order again) as it arrived looking like it was dropped kicked.

Headphone stand was off ebay. Type in Headphone stand T1 Silver by the seller called Codia 7. To be honest its an arm and a leg for a headphone stande but had bay voucher, its also imported, but loved it from get go.

Soldato
Thanks bud.

Am using the Schitt Bifrost Multibit and Schitt Valhalla 2 tube amp. I do have a THX 789 Linear Amp (well on order again) as it arrived looking like it was dropped kicked.

Headphone stand was off ebay. Type in Headphone stand T1 Silver by the seller called Codia 7. To be honest its an arm and a leg for a headphone stande but had bay voucher, its also imported, but loved it from get go.

Thanks fella.

That’s some nice equipment you have. I’ve had to move to a desktop DAC / amp (new territory for me) and almost bought the budget schiit stack. In the end I went for the Yulong Daart, we’ll see if it was a good decision when it arrives :D

Soldato
Thanks fella.

That’s some nice equipment you have. I’ve had to move to a desktop DAC / amp (new territory for me) and almost bought the budget schiit stack. In the end I went for the Yulong Daart, we’ll see if it was a good decision when it arrives :D

No probs. Not sure if that 15% voucher on offer would apply to it currently available if you do decide to go the headphone stand.

Nice, will be curious to see how that performs. On note of the baby Schiit stack, had one for a fair bit as well, namely Magni 3 and Modi 2 Modi, superb little kit, had no issues when I tried them with my headphones.

Soldato
No probs. Not sure if that 15% voucher on offer would apply to it currently available if you do decide to go the headphone stand.

Nice, will be curious to see how that performs. On note of the baby Schiit stack, had one for a fair bit as well, namely Magni 3 and Modi 2 Modi, superb little kit, had no issues when I tried them with my headphones.

It was a hard choice, the Daart is about £40 more than the schiit, but I picked it up for about £80 less; that’s what cinched it. Apparently the DAC is excellent, and the amp has more power than the schiit, the few reviews I’ve found really like the Daart anyway.

Given how well the schiit stack is regarded, I’m just hoping I haven’t made a mistake!

Last edited:
Soldato
Spent a week with my new Sennheiser HD660s and I genuinely think are the best headphones I have ever heard. Picked them up for £314 on black Friday and they are stunning.

Soldato
Spent a week with my new Sennheiser HD660s and I genuinely think are the best headphones I have ever heard. Picked them up for £314 on black Friday and they are stunning.

That’s awesome, super pleased for you. I take it these are a cut above the 6XX?

Since getting my Beyer DT1990 pros the rest of my headphone collection (HE400i, HD650, K702, etc) just hangs there sulking on their mug trees :D

I’ve been lusting over these for a while, they seem excellent. Glad you’re enjoying them. How are you finding them comfort wise?

I’m looking for a set of cans at around the <£400 price point. Are there any others I people can suggest I consider?

I considered the 1770 but reading about them they seem to be pretty aggressive bass machines with super bright highs.

Soldato
They are ridiculously comfortable, I regularly wear them for several hours at a time.

The DT1990 have strong but not emphasized bass and are airy without being sibilant unless it's a really bad recording and those would be sibilant with anything. They really are detail monsters, while the sound stage isn't large, it's filled with great imaging and it's very easy to pick out individual instruments and visualise them in space. Another option would be the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, which is the sister headphone to the DT1990. They are a little warmer sounding than the DT with slightly more forward mids and a little less treble at the top end. The DT1990 and Amiron are very much alike but with subtle tuning differences. Oh and both are built like tanks. :D

Soldato
That’s awesome, super pleased for you. I take it these are a cut above the 6XX?

Damm thats a nice price. Yeah how do they compare to HD6xx / HD650's. What equipment you running them with?

Running them off a Marantz HD-DAC1.

I have been through a lot of headphones and only one never left my side after I bought it and and it was the HD650. I have tried the AudioQuest Nighthawk Carbon, which were great but the low impedance did not play nice with my amp, Philips Fidelio X2 (twice), Grado SR225e, AKG K712, AKG K550 when I wanted some closed ones (they are the best for the price still) and some from Creative, Panasonic, Soundmagic etc etc.

Anyway, in my opinion, and I do not always like their reviews, Z Reviews hit the nail on the head with the 660s. In my opinion, they take the best of the HD600 & HD650 and make it better. The micro detail on the HD600 series Senns as you know is really good for the price. The 660s just take the mick. I have a few reference tracks and without doubt, there are details now that I had not heard, or at least are now more prominent that the HD650. Not in a bad way. Everything just sounds clearer and tonally they are just perfect. The imaging is nuts. Z called them mini Stax and whilst I have not heard the Stax, they are meant to be the best you can get and that is high praise.

Apparently they have the HD700 driver in them which has been retuned and they have worked wonders.

Associate
Just upgraded my HD555 (modded to HD595) to HD800 (found a deal second hand on ebay).
Also have Q35 (for out and about) Jay Bluebirds (running), Turtle Gaming i60s (if want wireless playing games), and the B&O play H6.

Back
Top Bottom